Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What's this Imp Dignitary fig's name?

I'm still working on the stuff SirSteve brought back from the SDCC floor when I realized that the Imperial Dignitary figure in his pics isn't Imp Dignitary Janus Greejatus. For now, I'm calling him "Imperial Dignitary 2" but obviously that's just a temp name for now. The pics are in the SDCC Saga coverage:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/...cat=656&page=1

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/...cat=656&page=1

and http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/...cat=656&page=1
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The first one that was revealed the other day, the one in black that's coming out first is Janus Greejatus. This one, the 'Pirate Dignitary', someone translated enough of the Japanese in the press release info he appears in, to pin this one's name as: "Kren Blista-Vanee". So we're still waiting for a modern re-sculpt of the vintage "Sim Aloo". And still hoping that Condomhead/Teletubbie/Jonathen Winters doesn't get made.
    Among the members of Palpatine's Inner Circle are: Sate Pestage, Janus Greejatus, Sim Aloo, Ars Dangor, and Kren Blista-Vanee.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 07-18-2003 at 05:19 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Both these are cool, although I'm gonna have to watch ROTJ again to see imp. dig. 2. My favorite one is the vintage guy, I sure hop he gets re-made. I was sure he's be one of the two but I guess I was wrong.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Thanks JJB. I don't think the Japanese text info is solid enough so I guess I'll leave it as is for now. (you know how this goes, give the guy a name that's not set in stone from Hasbro, it changes, and then everybody freaks out that it's different either at SSG or Hasbro, who gets mad at SSG for putting out that info and getting fans mad at them )
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

True. I wish that picture of the five dignitaries had their names listed in a certain order. And I really wish Hasbro had chosen Sim. But with all the cool stuff coming in late 2003/2004 I'll give them a break on that.

I think the name is right, and maybe Steve can poke them while he's there for the name. I bet Hasbro's slapping themselves in the head though. As Dignitary 2 was supposed to be on display at the next Comic Con.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

In the scene where Vader is talking to Palpatine about the meeting over Sullust and all that, who are the two dignataries there? I know about the picture of the five, but I thought only two of the guys were in the actual film.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    In the scene where Vader is talking to Palpatine about the meeting over Sullust and all that, who are the two dignataries there? I know about the picture of the five, but I thought only two of the guys were in the actual film.
    Yes, there are only two dignitaries in that scene. Janus Greejatus (Modern Dignitary #1) and Sim Aloo (Vintage Dignitary). The other three are bearly if at all visible when the Emperor's Shuttle arrives on the Death Star. They probably can be seen glimpsed in the crowd that disembark.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I think they are Janus Greejatus, and Sim Aloo
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

2 questions...

Has anyone got a pic of the third Dignitary?

And also, this may sound dumb, but I've always wondered, what are Imperial Dignitarys? I mean what is there job, if you understand what I mean.

Thanx
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008