View Poll Results: What Comic-Con coverage did you enjoy most?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hasbro

50 67.57%
  • Code 3

1 1.35%
  • Gentle Giant

1 1.35%
  • Fossil

1 1.35%
  • Kotobukyia

0 0%
  • All of it!

21 28.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve
    Glad everyone enjoyed our coverage. Each time we try to improve on certain things. I am really happy about the coverage for this show; I think everything went very smootly. I also enjoyed meeting some of you. If there is something you think we should do differently or have a suggestion on something additional we can do, please don't be afraid to speak up.

How about a SirSteve's booth? I happened to run into Tycho, but only because we'd met previously and we knew each other.

That'd really make it hard to cover, and enjoy the Con.

Not to mention I was busy working out the arrangements for doing a presentation on the Friends of Parks and Recreation's donation program with the life-size Yoda and Watto SirSteves is helping give away, and I needed to coordinate things with Lucasfilm, the 501st, and the Star Wars actors who helped us pull off our event.

Plus on my own time, I got to enjoy the Smallville presentation.

I was really glad I didn't miss anything I wanted to go and do.

I made it known that those who wanted to meet Steve and myself, could find us daily at the Hasbro booth (usually wearing a shirt or other paraphanalia that identified us as from the site) but we could be especially easy to find at Hasbro's main Star Wars panel discussion on Friday (Star Wars day). There I was easy to find because if you were in line, I probably showed you my Wat Tambor figure, a receipt from Target that week, asked if you had him, and handed you a hardcopy of the distribution complaint letter(s) to Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us, while you waited to be seated in Hasbro's forum. I only did that more than 100 times to the first bunch in line, identifying myself from the website, and encouraging folks to do something about the distribution problem that takes less time than it does to whine about it in the forums of their favorite site.

BTW - I just returned 5 minutes ago from buying 2 red battledroids, 2 Wat Tambors, 2 Aayla Securas, and I left behind Padme Weddings, Bariss', Coleman Trebor x 2, Yoda and Younglings (both varieties) etc.

Found them at Target.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I voted for all of it, even though my main interest is in the upcoming Hasbro toys. I also liked the pictures of the Code 3 X-wing, as well as the Falcon. I have preordered the Falcon, and it was nice to see more pictures of this ship. I like the Kotobukyia and the Gentle Giant stuff, but I just don't have the money to buy "everything" as much as I would like to do.

BTW, I'm a member of the 501st, but I think we only had one person from the midwest that made it out that way. The photos made me wish I had made the trip!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    How about a SirSteve's booth? I happened to run into Tycho, but only because we'd met previously and we knew each other.
    We have always wanted to do a booth. The problem is the Internet connection. We can't cover the show without one at the booth. So... we have some ideas so it is not out of the question for next years comic-con.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve
    We have always wanted to do a booth. The problem is the Internet connection. We can't cover the show without one at the booth. So... we have some ideas so it is not out of the question for next years comic-con.

Web-cam? ...

SSG did a web-cam at a show a little while back, it was kinda interesting.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    SSG did a web-cam at a show a little while back, it was kinda interesting.

Was there a shower scene and pillow fight for added value?

Well since all I collect is the figures and stuff I voted Hasbro
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Was there a shower scene and pillow fight for added value?
    Yeah, but it was just Thrawn and SirSteve... not a pretty sight.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Yeah, but it was just Thrawn and SirSteve... not a pretty sight.
    Ack....glad I missed that show. So is that SirSteve after the pillow fight in Thrawns avatar then?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten