View Poll Results: What is your screen resolution set at?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • 640x480

0 0%
  • 800x600

8 30.77%
  • 1024x768

13 50.00%
  • other

5 19.23%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is your screen resolution set at?

I need to know what screen sizes the majority of you are using so if you would please participate in this, it would help make SSG better informed.

If you do not know, here are instructions:

In Windows XP (Home or Pro):
    1. Click Start, then click Control Panel.
    2. In the Control Panel window, click the Display icon, and then click the Settings tab.
    It says "Screen resolution" then either 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 or?

In Windows 98/ME/2000:
    1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    2. In the Control Panel window, click the Display icon, and then click the Settings tab.
    If you are viewing it at 640x480, you should change it to 800x600 as the majority of web sites are designed for 800x600 resolution. You will then see what the web designer intended you to see.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I'm using 1024x768. Anything more is too darn small for me to read, and anything larger, and I had to side scroll to read all the text.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

What he ^ said
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic
    What he ^ said

although, when I get a larger monitor (19" +) then I'll move it up to 1280 x 768
    SSG is designed for 800x600 (fixed) but make it liquid (stretch) for those on 1024x768 so we try to make both users happy.
    "SirSteve"

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve
    SSG is designed for 800x600 but make it stretch for those on 1024x768 so we try to make both users happy.

you know, I wrote that and then I thought about it, because my friend had a HUGE monitor and it was set at that high res (1280x768) and I remembered it was STILL too small looking so I edited my post LOL because unless there's some MAJOR change in video cards and monitors, I'll be keeping mine at the standard 1024x768.

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I'm at 800x600 and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE of it !

If it weren't for the instructions in the first post, I would have had to check "other" because I had no idea. But with the instructions provided by SirSteve I found that I have 800 x 600.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I run 1028x764 on twin 20" monitors. (I know this is rather large for monitors this size but I kinda have bad eyes) I use ie as my browser with the favorites menu always open so the current page width works beautifully for me.
    talent borrows, genius steals. - the designers republic

8x6 on my piddly old 15" monitor. I've tried larger settings, but I find I miss a lot of the detail in digital images that way - while that's good if you like nice, neat pictures, it's not as good if you're editing these pictures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

There has got to be more than 10 people reading this thread! Come on! Help us out and vote!
    "SirSteve"