Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Brianstoys.com used to have weapons for sale individualy, I have not checked in a while.

I don't want to flame any of the sponsors, but in general I found if they sell loss weapons for vintage figures, there pricey. Last time I looked into it the going price of a Han Solo type blaster was $5.00. But on the other hand if you feel it's a good deal by all means buy them.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Heah, I agree that $5 for a REPRO blaster is pricey. but when Walrusman or Greedo or whoever is standing on the shelf just begging for gun I tend to have lapses of reason. It breaks my heart to see an incomplete vintage figure.

I would just go on ebay and but a lot of vintage weapons, it isn't too much, and you'll have extras. Especially if you are looking for more common guns, like the bespin one.

You could sell any extras later to recoup your cash. They're always in demand.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

The ultimate guide to see if a weapon is a repro

Please post your tricks how you can see if a weapon is original or repro. Is it the colour, the sound when you drop the weapon, the smell ? Post your way to find it out to help me and all other vintage fans.

Question Huh? Wha-?

Clone_Commander, you have 5 total posts, with 2 starting threads about repro weapons and another replying to such a thread! You really like those repro guns, eh? Just kidding. (Not about the post counts; it's true, as of 9/12/02)
    "That's what Sheev said."

So let's use this thread then to talk about a good method to decide if a weapon is original or repro. There are so well made repros that it is really hard to differentiate these from the originals.

I know. I have some of the Lando guns and I cannot for the life of me tell the difference between real and repro! I know I didn't buy that many real ones, but I would swear that at least four of the ones I have are real. Three I can tell right away.
    I think the only real way of telling the difference is to get some real vintage weapons so you can compare. I am going to get one real Lando gun to see what others I have and go from there.
    I just ordered some guns from an online store. I ordered all originals and paid that price for them, but when they showed up, four of them were repros! I could tell right away. I am returning them, obviously.
    Bascially I go by the sound they make when they hit the floor or the table, but that can be misleading sometimes. Like these Lando guns; I'm pretty sure most of them are repro, but they make the same sound as some of my other real guns. It's confusing...

Yes, sound is not always the best way to tell the difference. I have a repro stormtrooper blaster and a real one and they make the same sound when they drop.