Hybrid View

Any collectors in Iowa?

Are there any collectors here that reside in Iowa? Particularly Eastern IA, Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, the Quad Cities, or areas in between?

If so, what have YOU seen?

Nothing at CR eastside Target or Wal-mart today at 11:00.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I think Scruffziller lives in Iowa. If you lived on the western part (Council Bluffs) i could pass on where things pop up at occasionally but thats not much help to you. But keep checking Targets. Mine recently had new saga but when the case was bought up and the pegs restocked i was looking at pilot Jangos again.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Iowa City/Coralville here. I barely go out more than once or twice a month to look.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Hows collecting over there in your neck of the woods? The furthest i go into Iowa (not for a lack of liking the state, it seems like a nice place) on a regular basis is Council Bluffs. There arent many SSG posters who are from Iowa, as you can probably tell, but i have seen some Star Wars sites that have a decent amount of Iowa residents posting their finds.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I don't really "collect" any more. I get the internet exclusive figs, and there's a few places where I can buy WotC Miniatures. There really isn't anyplace that sells the Gentle Giant Minibusts here, but I think there are in Cedar Rapids (where the closest TRU is). The main reason I go is to go look for some one else to get some figure or part to help me make a custom fig (although anything with a cantina fig I'm all over it).

I remember living on that side, well Nebraska side while I was at Creighton. I usually had better luck with the finds in Council Bluffs than I did in West O and the Target on Saddle Creek.
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Just found 2 Scorches at the Coralville Target. There are no more clearance VOTC figs there though.

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer View Post
    I think Scruffziller lives in Iowa.
    That I do. I used to collect but not really any more. I mainly get Jabba's Palace and Cantina figs now. I also will get real cool exclusives if they catch my eye, like Christmas Vader. Or a fig that I just have to have, but that is the extent.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Saw a variety of new carded clones: Shocktrooper and some differing Commanders.

Coralville Wal Mart...Saw the Endor2/Naboo figs. did not see the Pod Racers.

Found the Collector Tins for Episode IV-VI while at wal-mart waiting for my tires to be rotated in Coralville.