Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up A stop on Alderaan

It looks like we might actually get to at least see some parts of the planet as the most recent set diary mentioned one of many landing platforms set ups:

An indoor hangar for Bail Organa and his aides. The light cast on the floor behind the characters perfectly emulates the light that would come from behind a closing and opening door as it causes the Alderaanians to cast long shadows as they walk closer to camera.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Ok......so......I really want to see Alderaan. Which is why I totally spaced this:

"Today, this set represents four different platforms, all on Coruscant."

The indoor hangar for Bail was the 4th one filmed.

What are they odds we will actually see this planet in the next film? It has been said that there will be more worlds in this installment than in any other. One them HAS to be Alderaan........right?!
    ubi mel ibi apes

I think there is a good chance we will see it. We have been told this movie will show more planets than any previous Star Wars movie, plus George knows that watching the movies in order, by showing Alderaan in this one will make it's destruction in the next movie (ANH) much more powerful.

It will be shown .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I hope you're right Pendo.......the odds at least seem decent.
    ubi mel ibi apes

I know there was a thread somewhere here about a set with a door and fans to create a heavy wind. Do you suppose that had something to do with Alderaan, and that it may be the windy planet?
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...ad.php?t=20121

This one had the wind blowing at Anakin on top of the elevator (Obi Wan and Anakin take this elevator from the lobby set's location). I'm guessing it stops and Anakin crawls out. They shot him hanging from an open elevator doorway above the top of the elevator.

I don't know if that's Alderaan though jawaboy......it looked rather OT imperial.
    ubi mel ibi apes

It has been very well hinted by everyone working on EIII that we will see Alderraan. So, I'm 99% certain we will see it.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Quote Originally Posted by plo koon 200
    It has been very well hinted by everyone working on EIII that we will see Alderraan. So, I'm 99% certain we will see it.
    The landing platform fits the episode III treatment that cropped up in the early eighties that I keep harping on about. For those who've not read it or want to refresh their memories armed with the set diaries information go here and read the last portion that deals with how I think this movie will end. I think lucas has used a lot of this treatment in planning. I can almost tangibly feel how the movie will play out. It all seems so obvious to me having read all the old scripts and this treatment and with all the info from set diaries etc. It seems like the only new thing in Episode three will be the dialogue and the little tweaks to interweave the final prequel into the OT. Anyway read it and discard anything that is OT but note that Antilles pilots a saucer shaped ship at the end. They fly out from a hidden Alderaanian hangar underneath Bail Organas place.

Quote Originally Posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    The landing platform fits the episode III treatment that cropped up in the early eighties that I keep harping on about.
    I like that you keep harping on about it EJ.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Very, very interesting Jargo. Probably will happen and I hope it does. It's the best script I've read in awhile. Especially the ending. Kinda gives an indications as to why Vader and his croonies want to use Alderaan as a target, seems they have some old wounds that just won't heal.

I have to say though that I wonder what the purpose of the robed figures are, almost reminiscent of LOTR. I understand that they are manifestations of Palpy. But if he does this, what does this mean about Yoda and Obi being able to disappear, just like the robed people? Was Obi never on the Death Star either? Was he just a hologram projected through time and space? Was Yoda not even on Dagobah? Were they both dead to begin with? Just some questions I have after reading that link Jargo. It'd be a huge plot twist if Lucas throws something like that in. As Yoda says to some effect, "the force flows around us, consumes us, it is not this crude matter". Perhaps that puzzled look on Vader's mask as he stamped Obi's robe in ANH was "how did Obi become more powerful than the Emperor?"

I agree though that Alderaan will play a big role in Ep III and I completely expect some plot twist with Obi and Yoda's physical existence.
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"