Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    Whats this JT? Berman ejected Nimoy? I've not heard of this. What was it over?
    Read the post you're responding to.

Anyway, so I watched tonight's airing of Enterprise and they showed the ad for next week's season premiere. First off, it looks like Archer changes into a hybrid creature - smacks of TNG, I don't want to see it at all but what can ya do? Second, more T'pol-based smut, that's old but I guess even with "huge, sweeping changes" the lowest common denominator remains the same. Finally, and probably of most interest, the show has had it's NAME CHANGED!!! Now it's finally being called "Star Trek: Enterprise" and looks like it has a new logo. AICN is even reporting possibility of a new theme song!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Man, those are some hugh changes. I'm always a bit concerned when they change too many things all at once. It could very well submerge a sinking ship overnight if it they don't pull it off. A big risk to say the least.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    Man, those are some hugh changes. I'm always a bit concerned when they change too many things all at once. It could very well submerge a sinking ship overnight if it they don't pull it off. A big risk to say the least.
    Changing the theme song and the show name won't help a show out at all. Just ask the people on the 'Ellen' show.

What they need is better writing, and possibly a new producer. Get rid of Berman and let someone else have a try.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Ellen has a show?

Ya know, I bet if T'Pol went all "Ellen" on this series, the ratings would go up.

As much as the theme song has grown on me in terms of "hope for the future" sound, I still think it lacks the bounce and oomph that Trek needs to kick the show off. Voyager's and DS9's theme songs weren't quite brash enough, they had a sense of "the wonder of discovery" and "the wonder of life continuing on a space station" respectively, but neither were really on-par with the themes to TOS, TNG/TMP, ST2, or ST4 - those were real lifty and yet not undignified. The theme song sets the tone for the show, maybe it's no coincidence that DS9, Voy, and Ent all have down theme songs and suffer in the ratings (though I won't count Berman's choices out as the prime factors in the latter 2).

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I do like the show intro song but with the planned changes and new direction of Enterprise I think it might need to be changed for the reasons you stated JT. If you want a high adventure show you need a high energy song.

I think they should have a variation on "Where no man has gone before."

I don't think anyone can get rid of Berman. Powerful he has become, evil Star Trek man!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Paramount can get rid of him, he's run the franchise into the ground and they can't make money that way.

I've been thinking about the voice-over of "Space, the Final Frontier" and changing some of the words, but the X-factor is still the star of the show: I don't think he has that type of charisma, either on screen or vocally. He's the type of guy you build interest into over time, whereas Shatner was instantly charismatic on sight.

Second, more T'pol-based smut, that's old but I guess even with "huge, sweeping changes" the lowest common denominator remains the same.
    I just read that apparentlt Tripp and T'Pol are going to become a lot closer. He's lamenting over his sisters death and she's going to try to help him by showing him some sort of Vulcan "massage". In other words more sex on Enterprise. Sigh.. when will they learn that it's the charcaters and writing and not imagery that sells the show.

JIm

Alright! Vulcan massage!!

Sorry, I'm only human.