Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Unhappy It's the end my friends...

It's very sad Here is the article from Reb'scum

Action Fleet Heads To Dry Dock
    Mark: After having returned from a two-year hiatus, Hasbro's Action Fleet line has once again been put on hold. Failing to meet minimum quantity requirements from major retailers, Hasbro was left with no choice than to bring the line to a screeching halt. As a result several of the vehicles previously announced for later this year will in fact not be released, and those holding pre-orders for upcoming waves should expect cancellation notices soon. We’re awaiting confirmation from Hasbro on the final wave of Action Fleet vehicles for this year, but it was suggested in San Diego that may well be the recently shipped Republic Gunship wave.

The good news is; tentative plans are in place to bring the line back in 2005 with renewed interest surrounding the release of Episode III. At that time, it was suggested, Hasbro is looking very hard at the possibility of adding mini-figures back into the line (something Action Fleet fans have been begging for since the line made it's comeback last year). As we are still quite a ways away from 2005 and Episode III, many plans can change but it was clear in talking with Hasbro representatives at Comic Con that there is a desire to continue bringing these toys to the fans and collectors that want them.

We’ll continue to follow the Action Fleet situation and bring you updates as new information develops.

They'll be back (fingers crossed). I really hope they ship Waves 5 and 6.

I've just received an e-mail from Dave Roberts and he said all the preorders for the Mon Cal cruiser,JSF, A-wing wave are cancelled at this time.

If they had packaged mini-figures with them and made it so you could put figures inside them, then I would have bought them...
    "I Don't Know. Anakin Doesn't Talk To Me Anymore."

Butched before we got into the good stuff, everybody who didn't predict this stand on your head. The Jedi Starfighter, Mon Cal Cruiser, Star Destroyer, etc., yep, all seemed like ruses to taunt us. They have no right to but I'm sure they'll blame this on stores or collectors when it was their own fault for rereleasing several easy to find vehicles with no features. I'm only suprised it last this long.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I guess I shouldn;t be surprised, they seem to have wnated the line to fail from the beginning anyways. Why else would they repaint 7 ships and rerelease them rather than start with new ships that people don;t already have. Hopefully they do release the upcoming waves. They are mostly totally new ships so I'm sure they'll sell well, but I guess corporate headquarters for the retailers would have to somehow believe that in order to place the orders Hasbro wants. They should have toy collectors in charge of ordering, we know what we want.

In 2005 we'll probbaly see another Luke's X-Wing and Falcon to start the next doomed Action Fleet series. Maybe they'll also do another repaint of the Nabo fighter to make it even better.

I guess we should have seen this coming, I've never even seen the gunship wave in stores, if I didn't preorder a case of them way back I'd still need them. No place online even seems to have them, not even ebay! So apparenlty orders were low on that wave. Hopefully that means there's a warehouse full of the that wil show up at KB or something in the future for those of us who want more Gunships.

Later,
    S43

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker
    Butched before we got into the good stuff, everybody who didn't predict this stand on your head. The Jedi Starfighter, Mon Cal Cruiser, Star Destroyer, etc., yep, all seemed like ruses to taunt us. They have no right to but I'm sure they'll blame this on stores or collectors when it was their own fault for rereleasing several easy to find vehicles with no features. I'm only suprised it last this long.

ho hum...what else is new....................................

it ain't like we havn't been through this before

and where mm's are concerned, we're still going through it.

it's a shame that they won't ship wave 5 to folks like d&s so's that we can get some new loot. i mean afterall, wasn't the mother lode of money spent in r&d? it ain't like the big bucks are in the actual fabrication and shipping.

oh well, as a mm collector, all's i gots to say is

"been ther done this"

what's truely amazin' is that after all these years, we're still banding together expressin' our feelings for something that in all honesty has been dead and buried for some time.

hey hasbro , if you are by some chance reading this, any other line you know of, generates this much interest and passion several years after it's demise?

just wonderin'......................
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

And once they released a ship EVERYONE wanted, the Gunship, the retailers didn't order enough so hardly anybody who wanted one actually got one. I was getting several emails a day for the last few months through my site asking where people could buy the Gunship. There's no way they can claim lack of interest. Sh**y distribution is to blame. Same thing is happening to the 3 3/4" line, though we all know it wont get canceled. I've been getting more and more angry about this over the last few hours, but what can you do. The people at Hasbro just don't give a damn.

Hope we will see them back in 2005 (little hope). With new features, figures, playsets, etc... Dreaming is free.
    Tsss, the Star Destroyer : cancelled two times. Each time by Hasbro. I wonder if they finally produced the last wave in the Chinese factories or if the release dates and all the announcements were bull' ?
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    The King : The Hasbro company.
    Yorick : The Action Fleet line.
    Hamlet : An Action Fleet fan.

A Churchyard...

HAMLET
    - Whose was it?

First Clown
    - A *****son mad fellow's it was: whose do you think it was?

HAMLET
    - Nay, I know not.

First Clown
    - A pestilence on him for a mad rogue! a' poured a
    flagon of Rhenish on my head once. This same skull,
    sir, was Yorick's skull, the king's jester.

HAMLET
    - This?

First Clown
    - E'en that.

HAMLET
    - Let me see.

Takes the skull

- Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow
    of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
    borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
    abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
    it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know
    not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your
    gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,
    that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
    now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?
    Now get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let
    her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must
    come; make her laugh at that. Prithee, Horatio, tell
    me one thing.

HORATIO
    - What's that, my lord?

HAMLET
    - Dost thou think Alexander looked o' this fashion i'
    the earth?

HORATIO
    - E'en so.

HAMLET
    - And smelt so? pah!

Puts down the skull

William Shakespeare -
    Hamlet "rehashed Action Fleet" version.

I wonder how long it'll take the ebayscalpers to jack up their existing for-sale AF from standard-rape to ultra-turbo-rape prices?

Anyone notice anything pulled/relisted at higher opening bid prices today?

Assuming the promised upcoming wave vehicles don't ship to retailers, anyone think any contraband wave 5 & 6'ers'll show on e-bay for megabucks???

You Suck, Hasbro. Like a Hoover Deluxe, You Suck.

{{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}