Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    1st release Ride the Lightning
    2nd release Ride the Lightning
    What's the difference?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

One tape is in the clear cassette and the other is in the white cassette (I do believe the clear cassette was released first for Ride the Lightning) also the cover art is slightly different, the original showing what looks like the record album squarely centered on the cassette cover the other showing just the art modified to fit the cover.

Most people wouldn't even notice it without comparing the two.

The "Kill 'em All" ablum was reversed, with the white cassette coming out first and subsequent releases done on clear tapes.

I am reciting from memory here, I would have to pull 'em all out of storage to verify which were which.
    May the force be with you.

Cool collectible. I was curious because the first release of the Kill 'em All CD includes the song Am I Evil? which was pulled from later releases due to studio conflicts. Does your earlier cassette release contain the cover song too?

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    Years ago I spent some time collecting a few unique CD's that I came a cross in my purchases. Here are the one's I can think of.

Body Count: Includes Cop Killer which was pulled off later releases

Green Jello: Had a brief hit with 3 Little Pigs in 1991 but then had to change their names so later releases they were called Green Jelly

White Zombie/Let Them Die Slowly: WZ's first album release. Not as good as their later stuff.

Metallica/Kill'em All (first edition): includes Am I Evil? and Blitzkrieg. Due to legal reasons they had to yank the cover songs so most releases are missing them.

What do you have?
    On that note I have the original BIZ MARKIE'S-I NEED A HAIRCUT. Pulled because of the sampling legal thing done on the album, where he illegally sampled "alone again, naturally." The album was re-released some years later minus the one song. Yet the re-release said "COLLECTOR's ITEM" on the front. Yea, right............... I have the real collector's item.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Ugh, I went to my van to get the tape and check, and locked my keys inside!

Anyway, no it does not contain "Am I Evil". However, here is a unique little tidbit, the tape says "MEGAFORCE RECORDS INC." with a fist in front and one in back, it also says "MARKETED BY important RECORD DISTRIBUTORS INC." LOL The top of the i in important is a disc that looks like a record and import is written in bold red lettering while the ant is only outline letters.

I will post pics of the covers (Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightning) after I reload the software for my scanner. LOL

BTW, I also have "Whiplash" on vinyl.
    May the force be with you.

Man, those are some collectible tapes. I never even knew they were originally released by a different company.

i have a 12" single version of w.a.s.p.'s 'animal (f**k like a beast)' with blakie lawless's chainsaw blade codpiece dripping blood . this cover was pulled in the uk about ten seconds after it was released and i believe is quite rare, as well as being rather disgusting - blackie lawless's thighs are horrible.

I have the vinyl version of Pantera's Far Beyond Driven album that had the original artwork intended for the release. It was obviously denied but they came to the compromise to allow the artwork to be placed on the LP only.

I am not a big music lover, so not only is my CD "collection" small, but it's quite varied. Here goes:

Virtually any SW music released (ANH, ESB, ROJ, TPM, AOTC, ANH:SE, ESB:SE, ROJ:SE, Ultimate TPM, Shadows of Empire, MECO's Galactic Funk, plus others on tapes or records)
    Weird Al Yankovic - Poodle Hat
    Asia - Alpha
    Phil Collins - No Jacket Required
    Def Leppard - Pyromania
    Eagles - Desperado
    Bon Jovi - Crossroads
    Men at Work - Business as Usual
    Third Eye Blind - self titled
    Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation 1814
    Police - Synchronicity, Every Breath You Take
    Weezer - blue album
    Sarah Macloughlin (sp?) - Surfacing
    Bruce Hornsby - Radio Hits
    The Smashing Pumpkins - Rotten Apples
    REM - Out of Time, Green
    Queen - Classic Queen, greatest hits
    Family Values Tour '99
    Clerks soundtrack
    Batman & Robin soundtrack
    Indiana Jones soundtracks (Raiders, Temple, Crusade)
    John Williams hits '69-'99
    John Williams and Boston Pops patriotic songs
    Bill Cosby - Himself
    [Edit: add
    Styx - Killroy Was Here
    Hootie & the Blowfish - Cracked Rear View]

And that's it.
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 02-28-2004 at 04:47 PM.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Re: Unique CD's in your collection

The rarest CDs in my collection are the Soundtracks to Spaceballs & Young Frankenstein. now those were not at all easy to get!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett