Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Unique CD's in your collection

Years ago I spent some time collecting a few unique CD's that I came a cross in my purchases. Here are the one's I can think of.

Body Count: Includes Cop Killer which was pulled off later releases

Green Jello: Had a brief hit with 3 Little Pigs in 1991 but then had to change their names so later releases they were called Green Jelly

White Zombie/Let Them Die Slowly: WZ's first album release. Not as good as their later stuff.

Metallica/Kill'em All (first edition): includes Am I Evil? and Blitzkrieg. Due to legal reasons they had to yank the cover songs so most releases are missing them.

What do you have?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I have a Floyd BBC live show.

Pearl Jam doing a show of all covers, another one aucoustic

A Live CD that has Live doing acoustic and a live show.

They are bootlegs but are considered rare. I have a few more but cant remember them without going to look
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I don't have anything particularly weird but I have the soundtracks for Twin Peaks and the TP movie along with the Julee Cruise CD (she sings most of the female vocal songs for David Lynch movies). I guess I had a Twin Peaks jones back in the early 90s for awhile.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I too have the original Green Jello before they were forced to change their name. My roommate at the time purchased the whole video tape with all their videos.

I also have 2 CD's by Darkest of the Hillside Thickets. I highly recommend their soundtrack to Spaceship Zero.

And a duel CD with the only 2 albums recorded by a group called HP Lovecraft.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zoltar
    I too have the original Green Jello before they were forced to change their name. My roommate at the time purchased the whole video tape with all their videos.
    Boy I remember seeing that video in the store too. I couldn't believe that they had enough material to fill a tape or even justify one. I remember people buying it because it included the video for "3 Little Pigs" which was a funny claymation telling their version of the story.

You're right EricRG, I guess rare then would be a better word.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I have Prince's "the Black Album" on disc, it was pulled and scrapped at the last minute. "Lovesexy" came out instead (1989? 1990?) and was a much better, more musical album. The Black Album does get it's freak on, however.......
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Not counting bootlegs (of which I don't have many) and those dealios with free DVDs or bonus tracks for the first pressing or so, there's a few pretty unique CDs in my collection:

Right now, I can think off the top of my head of the European tour editions with bonus discs of Def Leppard's Slang (with several great live acoustic tracks), Hole's Celebrity Skin (bought entirely for a cover of "Paradise City," which may be the worst cover ever), KISS's Psycho Circus (with a great live disc including a 10-minute version of "Into the Void"), and Sheryl Crow's Tuesday Night Music Club (with a cool little concert from England).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Unique means singular. The only ones of those I have are mix CDs I've made myself.
    "Whatever you do, take care of your shoes."

Damn, that's a lot more people who have the Green Jello album than I'd have expected. I only have the cassette version, unfortunately.

I've also got:
    3 different Metallica bootlegs
    Neon Genesis Evangelion III soundtrack (used, for only $7!)
    Aerosmith's Jaded LP single, special die-cut version (vinyl)
    Cantina Band & Jedi Rocks CD singles
    Aerosmith live album - Hard LP (vinyl)
    The Ewok song on LP (vinyl)
    Aerosmith - Eat the Rich, "cowhide" CD case
    Aerosmith - Done With Mirrors, completely mirror image insert, both CD & cassette
    And my pride & joy...
    Aerosmith - Pump, leather slip case edition.

There are probably a few more that'd fit here, but those are the ones that really stick out in my mind.
    "I have a whole colony of people living in my beard."

Guns N' Roses - Live like a Suicide
    Black Label Society - Sonic Brew: original cover with Johnny Walker Black, they had to change the cover for legal reasons.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."