Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Special

Holiday Special

I think George should release the Holiday Special on DVD along with next years Holiday Special figure.

I think Lucas would rather buy up every possible copy and have a huge bonfire on the Skywalker ranch. He dispises the Holiday Special, because of how tacky it is. I think you'll have to stick to a bootleg copy. The Boba Fett cartoon is about the only redeeming thing in the whole special. Well, that and the cool Bantha ride on toy in Lumpy's room.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Lucas has been treating this thing like a wound with an old bandage, over time the bandage has slowly come off as more and more of us have seen the hideous wound that is the Star Wars Holiday Special, but this slow pulling only adds to the mystique of this abomination. Lucas should rip the proverbial bandage off all at once by getting it officially released on home video and get it over with.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I downloaded the last half of it the other day. I will look for the other half. It was pretty good quality too.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I know it's painful......but just think of what it could have been? If it would have been good, we could all be sitting around NBC on December 23 waiting for the 23 annual Star Wars Holiday special with your special guests....Christoper Lee as Count Dooku and the Backstreet Boys as the Death Star Dancers!!!!!

Re: Holiday Special

Originally posted by Sentinel18725
    I think George should release the Holiday Special on DVD along with next years Holiday Special figure.
    Hell Yeah. I totally agree. If Hasbro is going to make those stupid concept characters, I'd much rather get a Wookie family and Boba Fett with his Dragon.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    I downloaded the last half of it the other day. I will look for the other half. It was pretty good quality too.
    Pretty good quality? I hope you're talking about the quality of the movie, and not the Holiday Special itself !!!

I HATED the HS!!! I would still like it on DVD, but I'm not desperate for it. I'd only want it for a "being a Star Wars fan" purpose, not to watch it!

I think we'll get the original versions of the movies first before Lucas even considers the HS!!!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Does anyone know if that Merry Christmas R2 song sung by a young Jon Bon Jovi is part of the HS or was only released on a separate album?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

None of the songs from the Christmas in the Stars album are from the Holiday Special. Thankfully, because atleast the Christmas in the Stars album is good.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

It's just impossible to find it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.