Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gangs of New York

Just want to apologize if it has a thread already but I couldnt find it.

So I rented the DVD the other night. pretty long movie. It is 2 dvds long. I thought it was a really good movie( I am from NYC originally and gave some good background on the whole immagrant thing in NYC). It had me going right up untiul the end. Was anyone else disappointed in the ending of this movie? I thought it would have been better given the way the whole movie built up to that one scene. After three hours of devoting time it could have been alot better.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

was there any nudity in it? i need to knwo before i watch it..
    h
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Yes there was some.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by hango fett
    h
    It was pretty much all at the end of the first disc and the start of the second.

Quote Originally Posted by hango fett
    h
    I don't care if it was a good movie with a decent plot and fine acting... If there's no nudity, I'm not wasting my time!
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

Isn't it funny how he asked about nudity, as opposed to graphic violence?

I mean NOT to get on a tirade here, but Hango - you're a young fella, are you not? I would hope that the appearance of a breast or 2 (preferably 2 ) wouldn't upset you or your folks as much as the violent content Scorsese inevitably includes.....

Or were you asking about the nudity for another reason *lightbulb went on over JJ's head there*?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

The big question is....is Cameron Diaz nude in it????
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

No she is not

JJ's MOVIES TO WATCH THIS WEEK

Terminator 3
    Species
    9 1/2 Weeks
    Gangs of New York
    Revenge of the Nerds
    Swordfish

GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    No she is not
    Well, there went that rental.