View Poll Results: Do you want an Imperial TIE Fighter Playskool Set?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would buy this item if they made it

213 88.02%
  • I would not buy this item if they made it

10 4.13%
  • I don't collect the line

19 7.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Do you want an Imperial TIE Fighter Playskool set?

Check out the proposed TIE Fighter Playskool set!

Many fans at Comic Con and on our message boards have voiced their praise for the Playskool line. I dare say our staff here has made it our mission to see Hasbro's Playskool division help the Empire strike back!

The Playskool line has great hero ships and vehicles like the N-1, the X-wing, and the Falcon, each with at least one 'baddie' figure packed in. Now we'd like to see a toy Empire for the tots - and those of us who just love these cute little action sets.

1) You can't lose their pieces or put them so carefully in a diorama that you're afraid you'll never get them set up that cool were you to ever move them again.
    2) You can throw these toys across the room, drop them off the 2nd story, and they stay good as new!
    3) You can shove them all in a box just like you did with your first Kenner figures, only this time you're not panicking that your abusing "fine collectibles."

Playskool has brought the fun back into Star Wars and the kid back into all of us. They also make great gifts if you buy a 2nd set for your youngsters to start them on their very first Star Wars toys for themselves. So while Hasbro has stated they have no plans to offer more items in this line, we want to demonstrate to them that their is demand!

It's a 2-step process, so don't forget that SirStevesGuide.com is running a letter writing campaign to Star Wars retailers where all you need to do is print out the pre-adressed letters, then sign and send them - and you can adapt them and let stores know what specific Star Wars products you want them to stock (Playskool!).

So now take step 1 by voting and let Hasbro know if you'd like to see this Playskool set and others like it.

(special thanks to Grand Admiral Thrawn for the image)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pstieset.jpg  
    Last edited by Tycho; 07-28-2003 at 03:52 AM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

That's a pretty darn cool sketch. I like how R5-D4 was slipped in there.

Edit: I just bought the Falcon playset and the Hoth set for my daughter's birthday. She already has the X-wing.
    Last edited by Rogue II; 07-28-2003 at 02:57 PM.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I love the Playskool line but while you're at it, let Hasbro know how angry we are about the cancellation of Action Fleet!

playskool is absolutely fave part of my collection. would more sets to be made. tie fighter would be as good a place to start as any. and yes bring back action fleet as well.

Of the modern SW line, these sets have been the most satisfying to collect for me. And to think, if Thrawn hadn't told me how good they were, I would have not even bothered.

I would definitely like a TIE Fighter in the line!

I am curious, how many of the "no" votes were people who don't collect the line? On the last Playskool poll, there were 3 options:
    • I would buy this item if they made it
    • I would not buy this item if they made it
    • I don't collect the line
    Nearly all of the negative votes were of the last selection, only 4 voters went with the middle one, which was 1 percent in that poll! That's a fantastic approval rate for interested parties.

UPDATE - 3rd voting option added.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That looks great. I would buy any of the sets they make.My kids love em and so do I.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I agree with all. ANY new Playskool sets would be mine as soon as I saw them. I love this line, much more than even the 12" line (my primary collection), and certainly more than the 3 3/4 line, which is plagued by errors and poor sculpting. The only new sets I would not buy would be re-packaged versions of what is already on shelves. Aside from a stormtrooper or two, and maybe another tauntaun, I DON'T WANT MORE OF WHAT I ALREADY HAVE! Hasbro seems to think that sticking the same figure on a different card will generate sales. What they don't seem to realize is that only the completists will buy it. And it still makes them angry and less likely to buy other things. I love that there have been no duplications in the Playskool series. Even the characters who have been reproduced in more than one set are different in each set. Lets keep it that way.

I think that's all I have to say.

I'd like to change my vote to I'd buy one of these (assuming I ever voted in the first place.) My 10 month old needs something for his Daddy to play with while he's playing with his Galactic Heroes Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by haggie View Post
    I love the Playskool line but while you're at it, let Hasbro know how angry we are about the cancellation of Action Fleet!
    Grrrrr Hasbro, Grrrrrrr! (Is that mad enough?)

Not even remotely mad enough.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Now that we are getting the Darth Vader TIE, I need 2 TIE Fighters.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-