Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What moments in the saga give you chills?

When do you get a shiver up your spine, goosebumps, the feeling of "oh-man-that-is-just-too-cool!"? Not just in the OT, but in the PT as well.

*When the clones are marching to the Imperial March.
    *When R2-D2 is safe after the battle of Yavin.
    *When Han saves the day by shooting the TIEs in the trench.

There are more, I know, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. What about you?

Here's my list:
    • When the blast doors open to reveal Darth Maul
    • When Anakin says his "I killed them all" speach
    • When the Clones are marching to the Imperial March
    • When Vader takes down Obi-Wan
    • "I am your father"
    • Luke's "You've failed your highnes, I am a Jedi!" speech

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Well for me it's got to be Luke finding the bodies of Owen and Beru........
    but coming in at a close second is the look on Dooku's face as he is just about to finish off Obi-Wan just before Anakin jumps back into the fight. Scary Guy.

Interesting...let's see:

-The entire scene where Han is carbon-frozen
    -Vader's revelation that he's Luke's father
    -The Falcon streaking in to save Luke's butt in the Death Star Trench
    -Vader unmasked
    -Luke in the cave on Dagobah
    -The Jedi rescue on Geonosis
    -The Obi-Maul duel
    -Leia as Jabba's slave (okay, not chills down my spine so much... )
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

-The dagobah Cave scene where Luke sees his possible future
    -Ben gives into the force.
    -The "I am your father" scene
    -Han and Leia right before he gets frozen
    -When Darth Vader appears on Bespin
    -Anakin killing the Tuskens
    -When Palpy is talking at the celebration at the end of EP1, saying he will keep an eye on the boy.

Many others really, but cant think of them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Lets see, not in any particular order are

-When Yoda says to Luke "Yah, you will be, you will be"

-Anakin wasting the Tusken camp, and the music leading up to it, as he holds his mother, very spooky, though not "OT"

-Vader revealing to Luke that he is "his Father"

-Luke and the encounter in the tree
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BenQuad
    Well for me it's got to be Luke finding the bodies of Owen and Beru........
    For me, it's when Luke first realizes they're in danger. Even Obi-Wan didn't see that coming. The end result is powerful too, but when Luke puts 2 and 2 together, he puts on an entirely different face and changes the whole feel of the film by adding an element of danger to innocents.

Another would be prior to that, the infamous Twin Suns shot, that scene is moving without even having to have anything actually happen.

The Falcon blasting its way back into the firefight over the Death Star, saving Luke's tail and allowing the next moment...

Obi-Wan taking a lightsaber in the face for the team.

Luke finally listens to Obi-Wan and the Force, tunes out the technology and takes his dead-on shot.

Luke's cave disaster with the dark spirit was chilling, especially when it's the face of our hero that's shown as the real enemy in that conflict.

Palpatine's joy in the defeat of his apprentice turns to almost gleeful rage as he realizes his prize isn't going to succumb to the dark side, so he lets loose a fury of Sith lighting.

Qui-Gon catching a saber in the gut... "Surprise! You've been defeated!"

My only Special Edition moment: the new version of the Falcon lifting off from Mos Eisley. That floors me every time.

I wish I had more, most of the chillers for me were in ANH, very few other moments in the saga have had impact like that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

From reading through all these posts I've realised how many give me chills that I've actually missed off my list . I'd have to agree with everything everyone has said in this thread .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I should also add - the look on Leia's face when she discovers Vader is her father.

For me, it's when Luke first realizes they're in danger. Even Obi-Wan didn't see that coming.
    JT, maybe he did sense it - but thought that Luke had to make the painful discovery. How else was he going to get Luke to follow him on his 'quest' otherwise?
    It could be another instance of him manipulating a situation from his own 'certain point of view'.

the only moment that actually gave me chills and made me shiver is the ending of AOTC, when the clones are shown with the imperial march. this scene will lose all sense of foreboding once ep 3 is released and people watch them in sequential order. only by having seen 4-6 do you understand the significance of the music playing. and the republic army clones will be replaced in similar shots by stormtroopers.

the movies are full of oooh and aaaah moments. vaders appearance on the blockade runner, palpy getting the shaft in ROTJ, han & leia & 'i know' in ESB, dropping out of hyperspace into an asteroid field on the run to alderaan, palpatine getting elected chancellor in TPM and qui-gonn's funeral pyre all come to mind.