Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11

    My Opinion....more fun than I expected!

    Well, this was my second trip to the Chicago event. I enjoyed this one much more than I did two years ago. Here is what I have to say.

    First: Silver Fett....wasn't too bad to get ahold of, 1 hour wait first thing in the am. Had good company in line who was just as rabid of a hunter as I am. Enjoyed the conversation even though I just got off of a twenty four hour shift! Figures were in really good shape. Just a little skuff on the edge but that's all. The older gentlemen from Hasbro was great while he was passing out surveys. He took the time to answer and verify or demolish rumors! Great talking to you. If some of the things on the survey come out, I'll be loving life !

    They could have done some things better, but not bad. It would have been nice to wrap around inside the cases so you have something to look at while you are in line.

    Second: Keldor....I'm not much of a HeMan fan, but I had to put in to get this. And I did! I was so excited! Even though I had to pay for it, so it wasn't like I really won something. I was the second to last number! I almost didn't even go up to check but I am sure glad that I did. The box is a little scuffed on one side, but I'm sure I can live with that. Now, should I keep it or trade it off or sell it? I'm not sure.

    I did manage to find alot of the chase Punisher cards that I was looking for. I am still missing some, so if anyone has anything out there, PM me! I also am looking for 1993 and later Punisher cards from Marvel sets.

    And speaking of the Punisher....a little disappointing there. They threw out T-Shirts every two hours (didn't get one, but the guy that pushed me out of the way did....and I am a BIG guy!). They could have done more at the Punisher booth than handout post cards and pins and show a thirty second clip over and over.

    View Askew.....spent way too much money! Exclusive figures, plus Tshirt (which was too funny to pass up on). It's a Clerks animation style Jay and Silent Bob, with their clothes being blown off, along with various props of theirs in the wind (bong, light saber, etc). Caption says "Jay and Silent Bob come to the Windy City" and Jay is saying "Blow Me"! Just loved it!

    Devils Due.....guys were very friendly and were happy to talk to anyone!

    I didn't catch much more than that and looking at the booths. No panels or anything but it was great!

    Everyone was great! I'll be looking forward to next year too!

  2. #12
    hey bobafrett, I forgot all about your Tusken gear but I think I walked right past you at one point?

    There was a guy in a very cool Tusken costume and as I wlaked past "you" were taking pics with people so I let out a big "ORRRRR ORRR ORR ORRR" thing from ANH.

    Did anybody go to the Kevin Smith Q&A ? We did and it was pretty cool. We stayed about an hour then headed out for some more action on the floor . . . in fact, I remember seeing that same Tusken Raider in the Q&A - did you go to that bobafrett ?

    Anyway I blew a huge wad of cash at this thing . . . I spent WAY more than last year. Oh well, I was planning on this all year.

    Lots of info for me to process yet . . . overload . . . I'll be back to talk about more details later.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel18725
    BobaFret...I think that I met you this AM while standing in line for my figures? Were you the confused individual wearing an imperial hat with your Tusken Robes?
    Yes sir, that was me! It was to hard to talk and see and give the whole "Take your badge out, 2 silver Bobafetts will run you $21.80, 1 figure $10.90, we aren't guaranteeing mint cards, blah, blah, blah....." if I had my Tusken Mask on. My feet were killing me. I was doing volunteer work for Piazo. Once I got off my shift, I put my mask on, and headed over toward Ray Parks autograph area. I wanted to get other autographs, I just simply don't have the money. I did manage to secure the sith Lord Maul's signature on photo, 1 for my son, and 1 for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    hey bobafrett, I forgot all about your Tusken gear but I think I walked right past you at one point?

    There was a guy in a very cool Tusken costume and as I wlaked past "you" were taking pics with people so I let out a big "ORRRRR ORRR ORR ORRR" thing from ANH.
    That might have been me! I had a lot of people stop me and ask for a picture. I have to go back today to put in my last 4 hours at the Piazo booth. I was supposed to run register yesterday, but they opened the convention center earlier than we thought, so I ended up on line duty, which I didn't mind.

    There was a tall Tusken there in light colored robes, that wasn't me. I'm about 5' 09" and had a shorter Gaffi stick.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

  4. #14
    Well I had a superb time at the convention on Friday. Unfortunately I went to wisconsin for the rest of the weekend and could only go the day I did attend.

    The wait for the Silver Boba Fett took about and hour and ten minutes, and I forgot my Star Wars fan club card so thats why it did take that long.

    Anyways I bought some stuff, Autograph plaques, etc. Plus some figures I was missing, such as Admiral Motti.. I also got the Masters of the Dark Side two pack, and it had both David Prowse's and Ray Park's signatures on it. However, these were all presigned before, and came with their certificate of authenticity.

    I know that if you have the autographed addressed to either yourself or someone it decreases in value, but I am not going to sell the silver boba fett I got it signed and addressed to me by Jeremy Bulloch. I did the same with an old darth maul figure with Ray Park, and Chewbacca figure with peter. I might however, if Jeremy is back again next year, have him sign one of my extra Silver Fetts without the personalization on it.

    I do have three or four extra Silver Boba Fetts in perfect condition, besides the one I had autographed though.

    Anyways on a side note, I think I did run into quite a few of you from the forums on friday, just didnt notice you. Mainly because I was in a rush to try and make sure I got the silver fetts. I really enjoyed finally seeing all the new figures up close at the hasbro booth though.

    Hopefully next year, I will have time to talk to you guys and meet you in person. For the first time Ive ever been to a comic convention, I must say its left a great lasting impression, and I'll definately come back again for all three days next year.
    "No fate but what we make."

  5. #15
    I know for sure i passed by BobaFrett, i was able to get Ray (DARTH FRICKEN MAUL) Park to sign both my MR Maul Saber and the plaque for it, so I have 2 , Overall it was a GREAT experience for being my first time to a Con.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Plo- Koon
    Well I had a superb time at the convention on Friday. Unfortunately I went to wisconsin for the rest of the weekend and could only go the day I did attend.

    The wait for the Silver Boba Fett took about and hour and ten minutes, and I forgot my Star Wars fan club card so thats why it did take that long.


    Anyways on a side note, I think I did run into quite a few of you from the forums on friday, just didnt notice you. Mainly because I was in a rush to try and make sure I got the silver fetts. I really enjoyed finally seeing all the new figures up close at the hasbro booth though.
    What time did you pass through on Friday? In the Silver Bobafett line that is. I was at the start of the line in my Stormtrooper armor from the time they opened, until almost 2 that afternoon. If you got your Fett during those hours, than chances are you passed right by me as I barked out the limit of figures, the price and so on.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

  7. #17
    I saw you bobafrett, I just didn't know it was you. Upon entering the convention saturday morning I found a guy dressed as a stormtrooper and asked if he was bobafrett. He said yes. Either he was a confused individual, or else you switched from stormtrooper to tusken/imperial man sometime after our initial encounter.

    By the way, did you guys enjoy the Q & A with Hasbro? I was the kid in the orange shirt sitting near the projector that asked about the Sandcrawler. I was surprised when the Hasbro rep confirmed that it definitely would be released this fall and added that it would probably be a Target exclusive. What did you guys think about that? Did anyone talk to him about the Sandcrawler after the Q & A session?
    Piett

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralPiett
    I saw you bobafrett, I just didn't know it was you. Upon entering the convention saturday morning I found a guy dressed as a stormtrooper and asked if he was bobafrett. He said yes. Either he was a confused individual, or else you switched from stormtrooper to tusken/imperial man sometime after our initial encounter.

    By the way, did you guys enjoy the Q & A with Hasbro? I was the kid in the orange shirt sitting near the projector that asked about the Sandcrawler. I was surprised when the Hasbro rep confirmed that it definitely would be released this fall and added that it would probably be a Target exclusive. What did you guys think about that? Did anyone talk to him about the Sandcrawler after the Q & A session?
    Piett
    Saturday I was definitly not in my Stormtrooper outfit. I wore my Tusken robes with Imperial hat that day. I was at the breakfast with Warwick Davis Saturday morning with my Tusken Mask on. Then I was on line duty at the Piazo booth, but it's to hard to speak loud enough for everyone to hear with the mask on.

    As far as the Sandcrawler, I'm very excited about it. It's good to hear that it will be released. Now I just hope the Targets in my area will carry it.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

  9. #19
    Bobafrett, I think I met you too! I walked in with my girlfriend on Saturday morning, shortly after 10, and went to the Paizo booth. It appeared that there were only a few people in line, which I thought was strange. We stood behind these people and asked around who was in line. Then a guy in a Tusken Raider outfit with an Imperial hat on informed us that the line continued about five feet away, and it wrapped around the Hasbro display and was already capped. Felling like idiots for not noticing this, we went on our merry way. So it was good to meet you! I was wearing a black Trogdor shirt and my girlfriend had a corset on and some huge boots. You were doing a great job.

    We came back at about 5 or so, after the Hasbro panel, and only had to wait about five or ten minutes to purchase some Boba Fetts. A very nice, very tired female Biker Scout was manning the line at this point. I'm SO glad we didn't get there early and stand in that line forever!
    Who's scruffy-lookin'?

    My Collection

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dan Kenobi
    Bobafrett, I think I met you too! I walked in with my girlfriend on Saturday morning, shortly after 10, and went to the Paizo booth. It appeared that there were only a few people in line, which I thought was strange. We stood behind these people and asked around who was in line. Then a guy in a Tusken Raider outfit with an Imperial hat on informed us that the line continued about five feet away, and it wrapped around the Hasbro display and was already capped. Felling like idiots for not noticing this, we went on our merry way. So it was good to meet you! I was wearing a black Trogdor shirt and my girlfriend had a corset on and some huge boots. You were doing a great job.

    We came back at about 5 or so, after the Hasbro panel, and only had to wait about five or ten minutes to purchase some Boba Fetts. A very nice, very tired female Biker Scout was manning the line at this point. I'm SO glad we didn't get there early and stand in that line forever!
    Yes, the female Biker scout was Aimee, and yes the Tusken with the imperial hat was indeed your fellow SSG poster, ME! Sunday was the day everyone should have got in line, at times we had nobody in line, abnd the longest the line got while I was on duty was just around the first corner. I don't think anyone in line Sunday was there longer than 10 minutes. Thank you for the compliment Obi-Dan Kenobi! I enjoyed serving my time there, plus it kept me from being out spending money at the various toy vendors!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO