As many comic enthusiasts, sci-fi fans, artists, toy collectors, and Chicagoans know, Wizard World is approaching quickly and running August 8-10.

Among notable guests are Jim Lee (guest of Honor), as well as Kevin Smith, Joe Quesada, and several others.

In terms of Star Wars related events at the convention, there is a scheduled breakfast with Warwick Davis on Saturday August 9th from 7:30-9 a.m. at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare for members of the Official Star Wars Fanclub. The cost is $39.95 per person and each member may buy one additional guest ticket for a non-member guest. Included with the breakfast is a chance to get Mr. Davis' autograph and an exclusive Silver Boba Fett figure.

There are also going to be a lot of Star Wars actors at the convention. Now may be the time to take advantage of the great $1.99 Star Wars figure clearance sale at KB and get some of the figs like Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin, Zam Wessel, Young Boba, etc. autographed by the actors who played them. That way we could get some cool autographed figs and clear up some of the clogged inventory at the stores to make way for new stuff. If only I could find an Aayla Secura figure before the convention to get Amy Allen to sign, that'd be sweet.

For a complete list of the who's going to be there, check out this link:
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/conven...003/guests.cfm

I won't be attending the Warwick Davis breakfast since I'm not a fanclub member, nor is my friend that I'll be going with. And I refuse to join the fanclub, for this breakfast or any other reason, just out of general principal. Plus I'm sure I could get just as delicious a breakfast at Denny's for 1/4 the price and still have enough to buy the Silver Boba Fett fig. I'm looking forward to attending the convention for all 3 days though and I hope to see some of you there.
Piett