Thread: The fugitive

Exclamation The fugitive

From TF.net:

The Sydney Morning Herald talked to Bruce Spence about the part he plays in Episode 3. Here's an excerpt:
    Next month he will shoot scenes for Star Wars Episode III - the sixth and final instalment in the series - in which he plays the leader of an alien planet who harbours a fugitive Obi-Wan Kenobi.

"I'm a very benevolent person, a helpful alien the heroes need to hide with for a while," Spence explained.

"It involves an enormous amount of latex. There are no tentacles, but he is very tall and he is definitely an alien."
    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...084201265.html

I think the most important question here is: At what point in this story do the heroes need to hide with this character? It mentions Obi Wan by name, but "heroes" implies at least one traveling companion.

At this point, I will guess that Obi Wan gets his fugitive status later in the film........hard to be certain though.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Hmm . . . maybe he goes here before Tatooine? I guess we'll have to wait and see. But it's cool to hear that he's going to be real and not CG.

I have a feeling he'll be Mon Calamari. Don't ask me why I just have a feeling we'll see the planet and the events will drag the Mon Calamari into the rebellion.

Oh, I realized something late last night . . . This might be when he adopts the name Ben! He hasn't gone by Obi-Wan since before Luke was born. I could be wrong, but it's very possible.

Obi Wan is accused of treason after discovering that Palps is Sidious, he then confronts him,. and is slandered as an "asassin".......

However, It is morew likely that the jedi order is outlawed and the majority of our favorite robed ones (mace, obi, yoda, plo koon,etc) become fugitives, knowing that they must stay free long enough to stop Palpatine......