Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lack of 12" Figures

Having read the newest FAQ's, it seems the reason the Lando Wave was so tough to find is because the stores still have the Dooku wave, and don't want them. This doesn't bode well for the upcoming ewok wave, either. This is where the Fan Club should show some brains, and offer all of these figs to us collectors, since the stores don't care. But then, since when have Hasbro OR the Fan Club cared about us lately anyway?

What you say makes too much sense for hasbro to consider it.

that's why i bought the case of the yoda wave from EE. i didn't want to miss this wave like i did the lando wave, which is the only wave i'd had trouble finding since the original darth maul wave in 1999.

Once again an example of lousy distribution. I already have 2 Count Dooku's, Zam & Super Battle Droids. How many of them do you really need?

Last time I checked the stores, there were tons of these figures collecting dust.

The one I really really want is the Biker Scout - that puppy looks awesome!

Unfortunately I probably won't find him at any store because of these dusty figures. Have to get it elsewhere! Bummer!!!
    Give yourself to the Dark Side of the Force!!! Vive l' Empereur!!!

I'm going against the wind here, because I'm going to disagree quite optimistically. Since the 12" ewok wave is coming out in the fall it is perfect for all of us since all the retail stores begin their fall planogram. This means they have to remerchandise their stores and dump clearance on all those things that are sitting on shelves, namely the Dooku wave. This makes reordering more imperative to create the fresh new look. Besides in many stores from TN to NY 12" is literal slim pickings. The 3 3/4 is what I'm worried about since there are new figs almost every month. You may be right in your opinion, but I hope your wrong.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

My stores don't even have the 12" Dooku wave. The shelves are jammed with Dengar, Anakin, the retched looking Padme, and TONS of Zam. Looks like the Han wave completely skipped my stores.

(fingers crossed for 12" Biker Scout, Yoda and Luke)
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Yeah my TRU here in Southern CA has plenty of the Dooku wave, sometimes a Padme wave will show up, but that wave was so bad I didn't pick them up. I thought the same thing about the Scout wave and picked them up from EE. I got rid of the 2 extras and the price is just a few cents over retail, if you pick the case up from EE (no shipping). The Lando wave in Lala Land, who knows if it will ever show up around here?

The stores need to share some of the blame. You can't keep the same items at the same price month after month. My Wal-Mart has dropped the price by two whole dollars. Big whoop.

The sad part is, Jedi Luke has been released twice, and they put two in the case. The Ewoks are the only 100% new figures, and they are 1 per case. Why order an overpriced case from EE when I already have a Luke and Biker Scout, just to get the Ewoks. Hasbro is really being stupid with their case assortments again.

Quote Originally Posted by tagmac
    The sad part is, Jedi Luke has been released twice, and they put two in the case. The Ewoks are the only 100% new figures, and they are 1 per case. Why order an overpriced case from EE when I already have a Luke and Biker Scout, just to get the Ewoks. Hasbro is really being stupid with their case assortments again.
    Over priced Case fromm EE? I don't think so. Before tax the figures are cheaper that retail, $18.33 each. I got rid of my extra Luke and wanted 2 Yoda's so EE was a deal. Good luck with finding them in retail. The Ewoks aren't that great anyways. Have you guys seen how bad the up comming Jawas are? I thought the action collection was bad. They don't come with cloth, they are molded.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)