Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I think the dianoga works as-is, it's SO alien that you really just don't know what's coming next. It doesn't look as hokey as that beak they threw onto the sarlacc either IMO.

I'm pretty sure that there was always 2 X-wings, a Y-wing, and the Millennium Falcon flying away from the blast of the Death Star, just that they used to move in a boring way.

The new Wampa scenes should go, they don't match the original ones very well IMO. The Wampa's cave looks like a tiny little corner of a small apartment in the new shots.

I think I read that the "vader choking the royal guards" scene was supposedly filmed with Vader choking regular Imperial officers instead. If this is true, then it should be CGI changed to Royals.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm not big on the Little Shop of Sarlaccs addition. As a kid, the Sarlacc was always one of my favorites, because it was pretty unusual. And mysterious, because all you see are a few tentacles, immobile teeth, and some flesh. It leaves alot to the imagination, making it creepier. The new beak makes it so . . . ordinary.

When this question has been asked before I've always said this one thing:
    In ANH right after our heros blast their way out of Mos Eisley, during our hero's conversation Luke says,"why don't you outrun them, I thought you said this thing was fast" which Han replies something like, "watch your mouth kid, our you'll find yourself floating home, besides I know a few maneuvers we lose 'em". Then the next thing you see is the Falcon flying along straight like it's on autopiolt, being shot at by the pursuing Star Destroyers. If I were at ILM, after Han said that, I'd have the Falcon doing al sorts of crazy things trying to avade the laser fire!

Agreed Xir, nothing paticularly "dynamic" about the falcon's manouveres - in fact, looking at it now, it all appears very pedestrian.
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I'm curious to hear what some of you would have done if the classic trilogy was yours for the tweaking. I'm sure some of you would have done absolutely nothing, and that's cool. I'm not interested so much in what was done that you do or do not like, but what you yourself would have changed, if anything.
    I would insert a 20 something Anakin to join Yoda and Obbers at the end of Jedi.

Maybe add Ian to ESB and change the Emperor's lines so that any total morons who haven't followed the movies can figure out who Luke is? Or how about changing the Fett's voice?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Maybe add Ian to ESB and change the Emperor's lines so that any total morons who haven't followed the movies can figure out who Luke is? Or how about changing the Fett's voice?
    Maybe addind some new Vader dialog to ESB as well???

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    I think that George should add Jar Jar to the end of ROTJ, could be a nice way to tie TPM from a few years ago to the OT.
    I can't believe I called that one !

I like the new Palps in ESB, but not the new dialogue....it makes Vader too dense like he doesn't know what's going on.....

Han shoots first! That's all I care about....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Mmmmm... I wold have had Luke blow up something other than the Death Star to mess up the Imperials and put a finished Death Star in ROTJ so it wouldn't be so repetitive.

Or not.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**