Thread: bagged figures

bagged figures

I picked up several bagged vintage figures recently and need help tracing them.
    The following are in Kenner bags:
    Wicket
    Rancor Keeper
    B-wing Pilot
    Plain bagged:
    Paploo
    Prune Face
    Now the questions. Were any of these mail-in or pack-in with playsets/vehicles? Are the plain bags legit? Finally, any worth keeping bagged?
    TIA

Well I don't know much about bagged figures but I'll try and help a little. All the figures your asking about are ROTJ figures and I only remember two mail-ins offers, Admiral Ackbar and the Emperor, so I don't think their mail-ins. Very few vehicles or playsets came with figures. The only ROTJ playset I can think of off hand that did was the Jabba the Hutt Dungeon. Wicket might have have been part of a muli-pack, like the speeder bike and the catapult.
    As for legitimacy if the bag says Kenner on it I pretty sure it's good. No printing is probable anybody's guess. When the line was canceled or right before that I think Kenner was working dump their inventory. Rather then take the time to card the figures they just bagged (please correct me if I'm wrong). And are they worth keeping in the bags, because I'm a loose collector I have say no.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Smile

Lucifer Sam is correct. I used to get several figures from Sears Surplus (an old surplus items store), and I believe they were bagged (or in small boxes). As for the value, I would think the Kenner bags would be more than the plain ones.

Mail-in figures were:
    Boba Fett
    Bossk
    4-LOM (the POTF2 Zuckuss guy)
    Admiral Ackbar
    Nien Nunb
    Emperor
    Anakin Skywalker
    Survival Kit (weapons and accessories)

I think that was it; could be wrong.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Yeah those were the only mail ins I remember. Wicket wasn't a pack in with anything. Nothing came with the speeder or catapult.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for the replies. After many moons on Google, I've found that plain bags were used overseas. I just can't find a list to trace them to specific sets or promotions. The person I bought them from also had Canadian carded figs. So that's why I'm thinking they are foreign. There is one thing I still find odd. I can't find any copyright dates or maker's marks on Paploo. All of the other figs have that info.

I remember Sears and JC Penny's having a box of 6 and 10 bagged figures back in the ESB/ROTJ era. These may have been from those sets.

The mailaways for ROTJ were:

Admiral Ackbar
    Nien Numb
    The Emperor
    Anakin Skywalker

ESB had:

Boba Fett
    Bossk
    4-LOM (Zuckuss)
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

Hey SplFrcsCWO, I am always interested in buying kenner baggies. maybe I'll buy them off of you, or even trade.

Email me at...

doomancan@hotmail.com