Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another scarry thought (heart be still)...

We were all kind of expecting the Teebo wave next year to be the series enders and difficult to get. What if we thought wrong and the scarcity of POTJ series enders begins with the FX-7 wave?
    No one has seen them at retail and it's probably the best time of year to do so. Wal-Mart doesn't officially carry the things any more. Target and K-Mart are sitting on enough Ketwals to put an end to any new orders being placed. TRU has been a joke for a year. This has happened before, where figures that were going to be of regular distribution have gone scarce (Death Star Trooper, Ree-Yees, Dark Trooper, etc.).
    I hope I'm not too paronoid with this ending quote:

"I have a bad feeling about this."

I wouldn't worry if they don't show. Give ittime and there'll be shedloads of them showing up as everyone clears them out to make way for the episode two stuff. Remember the panic over the swimmy Jar Jar? look what happened, case loads showed up dirt cheap on clearance. A bit late admittedly but they still showed up. If you're patient and don't give in to scalper hyped panic then you'll find them sure enough.

I would not go as far as to assume they are producing these figures in the numbers they did with Jar-Jar. He was produced when Hasbro still thought EI would be big, then caseloads of him sat in a warehouse for a year until he showed up clearance at TRU. I think the production numbers for the last 9 POTJ are low, problem low and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people go needy of some of these. Stores can't put on clearance what they haven't ordered, or short ordered in the first place.

I ordered the Fx-7 wave online

Just ordered this wave earlier in the week from toyzz.com (I think it's these guys). The price was $6.99 ea. It appears they are now out of stock. . .
    The movie changed my life. It was much better than Cats. I'd go see it again and again and again.

More fodder...

try ordering the FX-7 wave from someplace on line...I seem to see a lot of places no longer accepting new pre-orders.

Didn't we hear that some of the other waves were going to be short but they turned out to be plentiful? I'll take my chances in the stores.

I think these last few waves will be fairly easy to find. They won't be pegwarmers, but they won't be as impossible as Tessek wave was. The holidays are coming up, and they want as much product on the shelves as possible.

Just keep your eyes open and check a few times a week at your local stores.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Yeah, don't worry about it. The scalpers will have plenty to sell to us at inflated prices. Wasn't it Apu who said, "Do not worry, you will all have a chance to be gouged." ?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I am sorry to have to keep referring to our own history with these figures and pointing out the negatives. Think back 2 years ago at this time when the Holo-Sidious and Naboo Royal Guard were to come out. Yeah I saw them, ONCE at retail, and then there were none (at reasonable prices anyway). Those figures weren't even series enders AND the line was still being carried by every retail store!
    I also realize that I do not want to be the one standing alone screaming that the sky is falling. Bottom line, what I hope to point out to everyone is BUY these things when (if) you see them. I truely don't believe you'll get a second chance.

I buy new stuff the first time I see it.

But the end of POTJ is not the same as EI. When the EI line was out, there were so many figs out, that Hasbro was reluctant to produce upcoming waves in larger numbers. With POTJ, the numbers all around have not been very high, and retailers are starting to put the E1 disaster behind them. Plus the holidays are coming up, and Hasbro wants to put out as much as they can sell.

They won't be pegwarmers, but they'll be out there. Or you can wait 4 years, I just picked up a POTF2 Zuckuss, Ishi Tib, and RH vader for $10 at a con.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."