Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Wave by Wave, favorite 12" figure survey

OK, somebody in the Saga thread asked for a thread like this to discuss 12".

I'm a little shakier on remembering the waves, but I'm also going to try and get about 5-8 in each poll.

Next, I'll probably move on after about 10 votes, since about 20 folks are interested in rating the 3 3/4" figures, and I know there's less of us 12" collectors.

I'll remember to do exclusives, but try to group them by year, and maybe in between the major changes from Collectors' Editions to Action Collection or whatever. We'll play it by ear.

Let me start it, and you guys remind me if I skip any non-exclusive figures.

So which is your favorite figure from amongst:

Han Solo
    Luke Skywalker
    Darth Vader
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Tusken Raider (gaderffi stick)
    Tusken Raider (Imperial blaster)
    Lando Calrissian
    Luke Bespin Fatigues

I have to say old Obi-Wan Kenobi. He really looks like Sir Alec Guiness and he had great detail to his clothing, and still stands up to the most recent figures (even better than many of them).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

These are the early ones, right? That's the first Vader?

Then definitely the Tusken Raider. That was one of the first really great ones. In fact, it's the first to move me to actually buy a 12"; it's the first I got. It's overall look is beautiful.

Lando!!! Colt 45, works everytime.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Gotta agree with Obi-Wan Kenobi. He's one of the few early figures that live up to current 12" figures.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

That's a tough one. I'll take the Tusken Raider only because the Obi-Wan had brown eyes! Although that was easy to fix and makes him look awesome.

I'll go w/ Obi also.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Luke Bespin, once his collar is properly turned up. Obi-Wan is a close second, but Bespin Luke has a good look, I think this fig even comes with his undershirt, right? IIRC he does, which makes him Luke Dagobah as well. Face ain't great, but overall fig is a winner IMO.

BTW, aren't these choices actually 2 waves and not just 1?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Torn between the Tusken Raider and the Gammorean Gaurd.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    Torn between the Tusken Raider and the Gammorean Gaurd.
    You were only voting amongst the first 8 figures, we're a long ways away from voting on the Gamorrean or exclusives, etc.

In case we don't have more misuderstanding, Let's vote on the favorite of the next group now:

choose your favorite amongst these only:

Princess Leia
    Stormtrooper
    Luke Skywalker X-wing Pilot
    Boba Fett
    Chewbacca
    C-3PO
    Admiral Ackbar
    TIE Pilot

I'm going to have to go with Luke X-wing on this one! I got a lot of effort put into my figure's accessories with his flightsuit and helmet with working visor, etc. His hair color was painted more realistically, too - not that Billy Idol yellow hair that plagued the earlier Lukes, but rather a real blonde hair color on a pretty decent sculpt.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.