Hybrid View

Exclamation Mace Windu 12" Saga LightSaber Variant?

Greetings,

While passing through a TRU here in Atlanta, I was sifting through the dwindling 12" Star Wars figures and came upon something that seemed rather odd. They actually had the AT-ST Driver, Han Solo, and Lando Skiff outfit (SHOCK and Horror), but they also had a couple of Mace Windu from the Saga collection. What made the one that I found interesting was that it came with a Blue lightsaber blade, not the regular purple that should have been packed in. Has anyone else run across this before, or have I found something truly unique?

"The World is round, We WILL get there!"

which hilt did it have? i wouldn't be suprised if someone bought episode 2 mace, took the purple saber out, stuck a different saber in the box and returned it to the store.

regardless, i wouldn't call it a vairant, but more like poor quality control if it wasn't swapped out.

Mace

I did a close inspection and the box was sealed tight. It didn't look like it had been altered, but what with some of the jokers out there these days you just never know sometimes.
    Saber hilt was consistent with the hilt on the purple saber, so chalk another case of Superb Quality control by Hasbro Star Wars production factories.

I'm more shocked that you found the Lando wave.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I can almost guarantee you it was stolen by someone who is good at retaping the boxes. I know a lot of folks like that, there's a bunch of sealed 12" boxes here at my local TRU with bogus accessories or sometimes even figures inside (mostly swap-outs, someone stole new padme and put the Amidala Collection handmaiden Padme from ep 1 in its place).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.