Jedi Quest Books: Anakin's Training!

I've been finally re-reading (the first 3) and delving into the last 3 now.

(Jude Watson is possibly moving on to write about Obi-Wan and Anakin in solely CLONE WARS books now).

But the Jedi Quest books are better than I recalled.

"The Dangerous Games" was great to see Anakin podracing again! Plus you learn the fate of Ratts Tyrell's family and get to see Sebulba train his son Hekula to be another dirty podracer just like his old man!

I loved the scene when Obi-Wan stopped Anakin just before he whipped out his lightsaber and hacked Sebulba to pieces.

I also like how Jude Watson brought in the corruption in the Senate nad how the Commerce Guild was using illegal podracing bets to pull Bail Organa and other Loyalists into a scandal so that the Guild could take over a lot of the Banking Clan's position.

In the end the criminals go free because the corruption is too deep to help the Jedi get the bad guys a decent trial, and Anakin is witness to them getting away with murder - quite literally.

It so sets the stage where he will grow up thinking that it is time for him to give out justice by the lightsaber and a totalitarian government ruled by the Sith, while meanwhile, much of the rest of the galaxy will think the Republic is so corrupt, they'll join the Separatists for their own purposes.

Once again, Jude Watson is brilliant with her grasp of Star Wars!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm missing about two of the books,but from what I can tell it is a 'so-so' series.The relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin,and seeing how it develops(or lack of) is good,I just think at times it doesnt compare to the quality of the Jedi Apprentice series.However,it does give more insight into Jedi Temple life in the Post-TPM era which is always interesting to read.

The ending of 'The School of Fear' was great,I would have never suspected an older Obi-Wan to lose control and go off on Anakin like that.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

It's not that they are lesser books than Jude Watson's previous Jedi Apprentice series, but that she is showing a very depressing factor to Star Wars:

Obi-Wan is too young and unprepared to be a Jedi Master.

Anakin was too old to start training, and way too attached and emotional.

It was great reading the other series because Qui-Gon was the wise man who more often than not, KNEW what he was doing.

It's difficult to read about Obi-Wan being incompetant and Anakin being insolent.

So these books are rather depressing in that way.

I haven't read School of Fear yet. I'm on the one just before that, where Darra's wounded on that civil war-torn planet, and Anakin blames himself for that.

I'm still trying to decide if Ferus Olin is a jerk, or just a Jedi. Anakin's thoughts of him make him sound like he's about as likeable as Sebulba!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I just finished reading "School of Fear" and think Obi-Wan was a big time jerk for going off on Anakin after he thwarted a planetary war by stopping the air strike and managed to take down 10 droids as well as capture all his attackers and route out the main suspect.

I am now loving my time reading about his training as a Jedi and miffed that Obi-Wan could be so incompetant. - That's not the right word I'm looking for, but unprepared will have to suffice for now.

I'm just about to start the last book - only I hope it won't be the last! Anakin was 16 in SoF, so they're quickly progressing to his age in AOTC, but I can't stand it if there will be no more Jedi Quest books. 6? There were 18 Jedi Apprentice books...

Anyway, I think Anakin's apprenticeship is now my favorite time in the SW chronology.

People not reading the Scholastic Books are missing out! Jude Watson is clearly the best SW author. These books totally surpass the adult novels!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I am now loving my time reading about his training as a Jedi and miffed that Obi-Wan could be so incompetant. - That's not the right word I'm looking for, but unprepared will have to suffice for now.
    Considering Obi-Wan got stuck with Anakin just after becoming a Jedi Knight,he isnt doing as bad as I thought-but again not a great job.He really should have been given a few years to mature..but we wouldnt have Darth Vader then.

I have no idea how many JQ books are going to be released,but six is far too few.Ten at the very least would due,considering how they didnt space out the age properly in my opinion.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I read at The Force.net Timeline, that the series would end at 10 books, I don't know if that 10 included the hardcover book, Path To Truth, so it might be a total of 11.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

Anyone know when #7 is coming out?Or has it already been released and I have missed it,as usual.

I looked just the other day when I bought Legacy of the Jedi - great book by the way.

However nothing new is out yet. That might've changed this week, though.

And shouldn't there be another Boba Fett book soon, too?

Yeah..The Boba book is due out in October I believe.Has Zorba the Hutt on the cover(or some hutt)

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJediGirl
    Yeah..The Boba book is due out in October I believe.Has Zorba the Hutt on the cover(or some hutt)
    I think it's Jabba. Going to link the intergalactic gangster with the notorious bounty hunter.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(