Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deluxe ROTJ Jabba

In the Q&A Hasbro says that they deluxe Jabba will be the same price as the other deluxe figures, same as Wampa, $9.99-10.99.

How much will we be getting with Jabba if he has such a low price point?? Will he even come with his dias??

What do you think they will put with him?
    Will they cheap out??

I hope they put himout with his dias. I hope they make it a good sculpt too. As for how big he willbe, I hope he is the same size as the original Jabba from ROTJ. I hope and pray they dnt cheapout on this.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

You know what as long as they do it right, I do not mind paying for it. I hope they include the base, pipe, bowl, some frogs, Bubo, Yarna D'al Gargan, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Well, if we look at the other Deluxe figures (C-3PO, Wampa, and General R), we should at least get his dias and the pipe/bowl combo. I'm willing to bet there won't be any full-sized pack in figure. I wonder how they are going to package the new Deluxe figures. Gerenal R will fit on the current card, but the the others are going to be huge.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Quote Originally Posted by droidekas2
    In the Q&A Hasbro says that they deluxe Jabba will be the same price as the other deluxe figures, same as Wampa, $9.99-10.99.

How much will we be getting with Jabba if he has such a low price point?? Will he even come with his dias??

What do you think they will put with him?
    Will they cheap out??
    I was wondering the same thing when I read about the price point. If it is correct then I can't see Hasbro packing the Dias with pipe and all. If they do, it will probably be a card board fold out, or a tiny version like 3PO's pod LOL. Can't you guys see a full size Jabba on a 2 inch dias? Another thought is, that Hasbro screwed up on the question and answer and didn't tell the truth as they often do. Didn't the POTF2 beasts sets cost about 14.99? Even then Jabba only came with a crappy Han. As for the packaging, I can see them coming on a bigger deluxe card, but rather a nice window box. The Pod that comes with 3PO is a very sad version, I can't believe some you guys like it. Hasbro should of just packed 3PO with the action feet version. I mean why bother with a new sculpt if you are going to make one so small? The vintage one looks better that this one and that's not say to much LOL.
    Last edited by Turbowars; 08-10-2003 at 11:18 AM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Well, he should at least come with Salacious Crumb sitting down and maybe his pipe/bowl. Perhaps there will be another way of getting his dais, because the cardboard one now isn't great.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Galactic Hunter says,

We won't see all new toolings for the upcoming Deluxe Jabba the Hutt, but it will be more ROTJ movie accurate, including new and improved deco. The gangster slug will have a new head and an older torso with a tail that hooks around. A hooka pipe, chubbas, and railing from his throne are included. Jabba also has a movable tongue which can be taken out and replaced with the pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid
    Galactic Hunter says,

We won't see all new toolings for the upcoming Deluxe Jabba the Hutt, but it will be more ROTJ movie accurate, including new and improved deco. The gangster slug will have a new head and an older torso with a tail that hooks around. A hooka pipe, chubbas, and railing from his throne are included. Jabba also has a movable tongue which can be taken out and replaced with the pipe.
    Sounds to good to be true for 10 bucks. I mean look at the quality of the Clone Wars deluxe and they cost the same or more that this Jabba. Sound good though.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Well, despite what Galactic Hunter says, it still sounds very scary. Everyone has still stated valid concerns, especially the ones about the price point, packaging, and value compared to other deluxe figures that will also be coming back.
    I have been using my jabba w/ dias from the original kenner series and am happy with that. I'll wait and see whether or not I will get this new one. I can always set him on his vintage throne, if the sculpt and deco are good enough.

So this means he'll be partly "Jabba Glob" Jabba? That's cool, just as long as he doesn't come with that slime again. But what do they mean, railing from his throne?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram