Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

X-mas ornamments

Do you display your ornaments all year? How?

I've had mine up all year since I started collecting them in '97, always on a strand of lights.

Over the last year or so I've become increasingly unhappy w/ the way it looks where they were. I recently installed a ceiling fan, and the ornaments had to move/ come down.

I'm not sure if I want to try to heng them elsewhere, but I know that I don't want the light strand up. There are a couple of ornaments that I definitely want displayed though: Naboo fighter, Millenium Falcon, Han and Chewie, even Qui Gon looks supierior to most action fig sculpts.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I do not keep mine displayed all year. But I do have some suggestions. First, if you go to a Hallmark type store you can find wire ranks that hang about eight figures on them. That's one way. For the effect vehicles, I used a light strand but blacked out the bulbs inbetween them. Remove, replace, make them stars. Whatever. Miniatures, I always put together. Just a couple suggestions.

I keep mine in boxes till christmas, where and when I pay homage to them as I pull them out and hang them on their very own tree.. been like that for that last few years anyhow.. I dont se it changing anytime soon. I have waaay to much on display already..
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

That's pretty much what I do also. It just makes it better.

I only bring out the few that I have and proudly display them on the tree each Christmas. I am by far the coolest guy in this building.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I lug out the chest and put on the ones I want on the tree during Christmas time only. I have enough between the Star Wars and Star Trek ornaments to cover the whole front half of the tree.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

What christmas ornaments are you guys buying? I've seen everything from Pirates of the Caribbean ball ornaments to Superman, My Little Pony, and Scooby Doo.

I really like these these classic toy christmas ornaments by Basic Fun. You can find them at K-Mart, Wal-Mart, and TRU. The ornaments are based on classic toys from Fisher-Price and Hasbro, and cost around 5-6 bucks. You can get Play-Doh, Operation, Monopoly, Mr. Potato Head, stackable rings, and even the push toy with the popping balls inside.

I picked up a Clue boardgame ornament with a tree, fireplace, and stockings filled with murder weapons. Since Hasbro is one of the licensees, I'd love to see some vintage Kenner SW toys done as ornaments. Check out the mock-up I made from the Clue ornament with a miniature model of the Death Star playset beside the tree. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clue.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	14789   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clue2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	14790  
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I picked up an ornament at Target last week, a pink lawn flamingo with a santa hat and holding a candy cane, it's glass with metal legs and just so tacky-funny I couldn't resist even at $5. They had another one wearing a hawaiian shirt, but nothing xmasy about that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've only got one Star Wars ornament...that is the Vader one from Hallmark several years back..the talking one.

I also have 3 Superman ornaments.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I have 2 Star Trek ornaments - talking Shuttlecraft Galileo and light-up TOS Enterprise, they're the only sci-fi xmas ornaments I ever put on the tree.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.