Recommendations about older games on XP

I currently have Windows XP and I tried to load up an old Command and Conquer game but it wouldn't because it wasn't Windows 95?????

Will this happen with Lucas Arts games? I haven't brought mine from home, but I LOVED xwing and Tie fighter....I want to keep playing those....

A possible fix is to enable compatibility mode for that program.

Do this by right-clicking the program link that you have for the game/application. Then click properties from the pop-up menu. Go to the tab labeled "Compatibility". There you will see an option called "Run this program in compatibility mode". Check the box and then select the operating system that you know it works in or is meant for.

There are other settings to try, as you can see on that tab.

The compatibility thing may or may not work. Some games just won't work period, some will work after the compatibility mode is turned on, and some will work with XP without any changes.

you might try hitting the websites of the makers of the game. look for any update patches for the older games.. I havent put too many older games on XP, but so far all my games work great.

You could also do the unthinkable and put together a decent gamer box with windows 98.. set you back 3-4 hundred but hey.. isnt command and conquer worth it? Im diggin the new game Generals.. already beat it..
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

I'll give it a try. Thanks guys!