Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ATTENTION Windows Users

A new virus is out and about...here's the link.

Download the patch NOW.

Both my brother, and brother-in-law already got hit today.

http://msn.com.com/4520-6600_16-5062...s&tag=msn_home
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

Also, many people, including me, have been getting emails saying that a virus called "jdbgmgr.exe" with a teddy bear icon has invaded many PCs, and that it sits quietly for 14 days before it begins harming the system.
    Let me tell you now, the email is a hoax! www.symantec.com, a reliable antivirus website, confirms this. The jdbgmgr program is no virus, but actually is Java Debugging Manager! So far I believe that deleting it would only be bad if you were a Java programmer, but still...
    As long as you ruthlessly and constantly update and patch Windows and your antivirus programs, there is really no virus that can "sneak into" your system.

Haw haw! Now you guys have yet another reason why I stick with Win95.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Uh, i was under the impression that you couldn't get the virus unless you downloaded the file. So, don't download the file and you'll be safe.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I stand corrected, it can just try to get into your PC. That lil' bugger!! I just bought the Norton Anti-Virus thing about a week ago as well. I went ahead and did the live update thing, but i'm going to do the patch as well, just for giggles.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I have 3 virus protection programs. It should be taken care of. Norton ofice, zone alarm and ontrack. If one dont get it the other will.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I just got viruses, It came in via a gif on website i visited, A trojan horse with a virus hidden inside it, double whammy badness. It completely scrambled my hard drive and killed My system outright. Norton domestic has no antivirus definition for it, Even Norton corporate has no definition for it. You cannot stop this thing which since my PC died I have no record of what the damn thing was called. I know several UK peoiple who have been virused too so it's a major problem especially as a large proportion of PC users are retired folk who don't really know what they're doing and open random e-mails because they sound interesting Thus spreading and aiding the b******s who send these viruses out in the first place. My system infection was recieved from a fairly innocuous website. Nothing shady or pervy, just a regular site for information. They used a virused gif and Voila! dead system.
    If Norton/Symantec don't have a definiotion and cure for this thing which behaves much like the old MTX virus then there's not a lot your domestic antivirus programmes can do. Norton is the best out there but even they are fallible with viruses specifically targeting the antivirus programme and switching off the protection so they can invade the PC. There's some really nasty mean spirited b*****s out there. It's all very well to target large companies you have a gripe with but those large companies also serve ordinary folk and an attack on the company is an attack on the ordinary folk the virus senders clainm to represent. It's just another form of terrorism really. Law should treat them no differently.

Thanks for the warning, I just downloaded the patch.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

How can you have a virus in a .GIF image? The format isn't self-executable, it's an image format. Or was it a virus renamed as a .GIF? (If that's the case, what browser did this happen with? Netscape I know won't load that sort of thing up if it claims to be an image, I thought the same was with IE as well.)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What about an animated gif?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.