Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus to perish within the first 10 minutes of Episode III

quoted from www.theforce.net

EP3: SPY REPORT - Another One Bites the Dust
    Tue, Aug 12, 03 10:08:26 AM EDT

Spoiler junkies have been waiting for substantial news to arrive about Episode III and we've been working overtime to deliver some great tidbits from the final SW movie ever to grace the big screen. Enjoy this spoiler about an Episode II character who won't be around too long in Episode III:
    Christopher Lee can't like this - his character dies within 10 minutes of the opening crawl of Episode III. No word on who's hand he falls by but he isn't needed long for filming since he doesn't play a significant role. In fact, the veteran actor is already finished filming with the exception of some pickup shots later next year though his new digital double is certain to be getting a workout.
    So Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku is getting rubbed off early - leaving a spot empty for another Sith. Anyone seen Anakin?
    Sounds like Anakin will be getting his groove on quite early in Episode III.
    "Trust me, itís paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the Globe in search of something we havenít Tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what, itís probably worth it."

While I really like Christopher Lee, it makes sense they would off him so early in the picture. It makes room for Anakin to take his place and we can sorta expedite matters. Nice report, friend. Thank you!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

What! Count Dooku is too awesome to die that early! Oh well, at least he didn't die in AOTC. I wonder who kills him? Anakin? Mace? Obi-Wan?

(mike makes a mental note to himself) be sure to head to the bathroom before the movie starts.

I can just see it now, they'll let us in the theater 2 hours early like they did before and i'll finish a beer or two and a pop or three and hafta pee like a madman RIGHT when the movie starts. That would be kinda funny coming in late and miss the death of one of the major characters.

"What did I miss?"
    "oh, just Dooku getting slaughtered in a fabulous saber fight w/ _______!!"
    "Son of a @%@%@%@%@%____$@#@%%@!!!!!"

"Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I (of course) think that Dooku's death will be at the hands of Anakin for the obvious "take his place at my side" angle.

However, I am also thinking of this from another angle, kinda in reference to Episode I. Obi-Wan finished off a Sith Lord (Darth Maul) and was elevated to Knight status.

Could this be the case with Anakin? He kills Dooku and gains a jump to knighthood . . . therefore, he is a Jedi Knight just like Ben told Luke in ANH and yet he will still leave Obi-Wan as the learner because it's not as if he was off on his own knighthood before turning to the Dark Side.

Know what I mean ?
    Just a few thoughts I had . . .

I really like the idea of Dooku dying early in the film. His death will signal the end of the Clone Wars which is supposed to be wrapped up at the beginning anyways.

It will also cause a bit of misplaced relief for the Jedi. Up to this point, Yoda, Mace, Obi might believe that Dooku is the Sith Master. And why shouldn't they? He is leading the battle. It doesn't quite appear that the Jedi believe that the Senate is at the hands of another Sith lord. And if they do, they might believe it is Dooku's lackey. I think when Dooku is knocked off they will think they have won, and become somewhat complacent in their victory.

It would be nice to see Anakin confront Dooku so that he can witness the power of the Dark Side and be tempted and drawn into it early in the film. It would be nice to see Anakin fall to the dark side early in the film instead of George's way of explaining every minute detail. Oh, so painful!
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"

I think Dooku dying in the beginning would be perfect because it does signify a dark mood early in the film, which is what this film needs. I'm salivating allready.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

I enhanced this picture. It shows what looks like Anakin and (certainly) Dooku and was connected to a set diary that discussed a duel with Dooku being filmed.

Anakin

"If you look behind Dooku and George, there is a dark gloved hand attached to a dark clad arm and shoulder resting on a lighstaber prop. Although George's large noggin blocks out much of the character's head, you can make out light colored hair. "
    ubi mel ibi apes

There are two heads behind George. One attached to the arm and shoulder nearest Chris Lee, and there's someone between that person and George. The presense of a third person with long dark hair to the right of the pic suggests to me that the mysterious third head is a slim make-up person. but there are definately two heads behind george's head otherwise the one person has got a head the size of a medicine ball. I think you are right though that it's Anakin there. But meesa see three heads not two.

Indeed EJ, I see 3 sets of hair there. I did not mean to imply that Hayden's mop was soo immense. Thanks for pointing that out.
    ubi mel ibi apes