Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are the new A-Wing and Leia Speeder Bike going to be on-line exclusives?

I was just checking out Target.com's site and noticed something new which hasn't been listed before. On both the A-Wing and Leia Speeder Bike, Target.com now says that the items are "web only" sales. This is the first I've heard of this. I already have my A-Wing and don't collect 12 inchers all that much, so it doesn't affect me. But, it might some of you others.

Here's the link to the A-Wing:
    http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B00009R613

and Leia:
    http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B00009R612

Any thoughts?

J

I'm not too sure what to make of it, but thanks to your post, I preordered the Leia Speeder Bike. Better be safe then sorry, huh?
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Wow, I didn't even notice that when I ordered my Speederbike. Perhaps Target was getting sick of their SW exclusives sitting around on the shelves for months after their release. The had that fire sale on the Luke Speederbike less than 2 weeks before it's release. Perhaps all our toy purchases will be online in the future.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Surely better to be safe than sorry.

I think this is a potential good thing for Target and collectors. Doing these, and others in the future, as on-line exclusives can make more product available to more people who can't just walk across the street to a Target (like me) and will, potentially, cut down on the scalper issue - if Target were to limit the purchases.

I'm glad to see this, actually.

J

I do like the online purchases but now that we're being charged tax you take quite a penalty by purchasing online. In addition to paying the same price you would get at a physical store there is the additional shipping charge that can be quite steep for items as large as the Speederbike. I use to purchase most of my toys online but with the addition of tax the benefit is gone so I'm back to store hopping.

Big 12" items like this take up a lot of shelf space. Luke ended up on Clearance. I'm glad Target is taking a chance with this one. It's easy for them to not have taken any orders for them.

10% off helps the combo of tax + freight...even though the state I live in doesn't charge tax on labor (to me the handling portion of shipping & Handling is labor) so that for the over tax for my purchase!!

btw the target code for 10% off is TCAF2SAVETEN (code expires 9/30)

I will use a coupon for online purchases if it gives me 10% off or free freight....

just like the kbtoys.com 20% off coupon that ended yesterday...it made me buy another shuttle...(diorama building) but hey for $79 before tax & freight beats the FAO Schwartz experience.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Quote Originally Posted by JangoFart
    I was just checking out Target.com's site and noticed something new which hasn't been listed before. On both the A-Wing and Leia Speeder Bike, Target.com now says that the items are "web only" sales.
    Any thoughts?

J
    I believe that the "web only" designation above the price means that the PRICE is web only, as in Target retail stores will not price match to the web (should it show up in stores for $22.99 or whatever).

Target has run into trouble before when prices on the web didn't match the store. People tried to price match the "web-only" deals to the retail stores so Target had to implement this policy.

I see quite a few other items on the Target.com site that are listed as "web only" that I have seen in the stores...

Jeff

I think we will see it in stores (at least i hope so, ive never ordered from a website) but thanks for the code Val Da Car.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by Nataku
    I believe that the "web only" designation above the price means that the PRICE is web only, as in Target retail stores will not price match to the web (should it show up in stores for $22.99 or whatever).
    That's good to know for future releases. Thanks Nataku.