Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anybody catch "Teen Titans" cartoon?

I used to read the comic when I was a kid, and while there were a few elements from them that survived to the series, most of this felt like standard cartoon stuff. Also, why did Cartoon Network premiere it with the 3rd episode?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saw an episode the other day, where Robin was missing, and they lost their hideout to the bad guy. I only read the Titans a few times, and they were OK. But I didn't like the style of this cartoon at all. It felt like I was watching Pokemon or something.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I haven't yet (I was still in Hawaii w/o a TV when it premiered). What's the lineup?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Lineup of characters?
    Robin
    some mess they're calling Cyborg that's barely remotely similar to the character
    Raven
    Beast Boy
    over-the-top ridiculous Starfire

So your choice was to either see this or go on your honeymoon? Hmm, I dunno, I'm not an expert, but I think you chose right.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That sucks, JT. I had some high hopes.

I figured it'd be mainly "classic" Teen Titans folks, but was actually hoping maybe a character or two from the excellent Young Justice comic would show up (preferably Impulse, Secret, and/or Arrowette).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

No such luck. Yeah most of us think it's crappy but I'm sure there are alot of kids out there that think this thing is great. And in the end,that's all CN is worried about.

At 9 at night, I don't think they're gonna be getting a lot of kids. Rerun is the next day at 10pm, so that won't do it either.

BTW, first ep they showed was 3rd ep, which hinted at "the Hive", which I thought was at least a step towards the right direction. Too bad the actual ep wasn't as close.

As for Titans characters, I was at least expecting more than 5, the tower seems so empty with just these 5 weakly-written characters. Woulda been cool to have Terra, but that would have required the promise of actual WRITING I guess.

I saw it. I was expecting a new JL/Batman type of serious cartoon. But this is strictly for kids.

Stupid jokes, Japanese style of animation sort of and poor music.
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Funny, I found the theme song catchy... a little too catchy really, I can't get it out of my head.

Is the theme song the sorta "early 90s bubblegum pop" music they play in the commercial? If so, I agree with JT: it's a bit too catchy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.