Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pote is indeed an awesome, and underrated figure! I cannot believe I forgot about him, he'd definitely go on my list.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Here's some more that have slipped my notice until now:

Death Star Droid: just a cool looking droid and the shiny black is nice.

Aunt Beru: Good likeness, good detail, cup not molded into her hand=major choking hazard. Excellent figure!

Muftak: just a big honking alien, the pearlescent quality of his fur is really a nice touch.

AT-AT Driver: I know I've listed this figure in the "Resculpt ROundup" thread but I must say the detail work is awesome even if the proportions are off.

COMMTECH Vader: I'm not sure if anyone has noticed yet, but this is, hands down, the most accurate Vader ever made! Sure his lightsaber is molded to his hip, but he's perfect for those "reviewing the troops"dioramas. The double cloth cape is a dream come true for me and the one feature that puts this version of Vader leaps and bounds above the rest.

TTFN!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

What does "MMC" mean?
    All your base are belong to us!

Millenium Minted Coin: the boxed Toys R Us exclusive reissues of POTF2 figures. They came with a coin similar to the old POTF coins. Which of course made the figures cost $10 apiece.
    Last edited by bigbarada; 08-26-2001 at 03:31 PM.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Oh yeah, I forgot about him. He was nice..
    All your base are belong to us!

Thumbs up

ok here are my choices:

1.- Flashback obi wan kenobi
    2.- 2-1B
    3.- Flashback yoda (hey, he even has Luke's lantern!!)
    4.- 8d8
    5.- EV-9D9

oh yes, Bosk is underrated too!!
    As always...........L

The Flashback Obi-Wan is still the best Obi- Wan made and probably very similar to what we'll see for the 25th Anniversary 2-pack.

8D8 was cool, he probably had one of the best action figure accessories, a torture rack!

Originally posted by bigbarada
    COMMTECH Vader: I'm not sure if anyone has noticed yet, but this is, hands down, the most accurate Vader ever made! Sure his lightsaber is molded to his hip, but he's perfect for those "reviewing the troops"dioramas. The double cloth cape is a dream come true for me and the one feature that puts this version of Vader leaps and bounds above the rest.
    So true, his one of my favourite Vader made and he is so underated because of his cloth cape and moulded lightsaber!

and MMC C-3PO
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by Starfig873
    I'd have to say Lak Sivrak. Its such a nifty figure...plus we might have never gotton him.
    I couldn't agree more! Lak was great, right down to his ankle-length capri pants and his big puppy dog feet. The great irony is that he was released AFTER the Special Edition hit theatres and YEARS BEFORE Ketwol! To this day I cannot believe Lucas signed off on a figure of one of the Cantina denezins he went to pains to erase!
    Go figure.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Interestingly enough, I just found a FB Obi-Wan at KB yesterday, on sale for $2.99! The card was banged up, but I already have one MOMC!

I opened him up for my loose collection. He is in fact an under-rated figure. Great likeness, 3 points of articulation on each arm (shoulder, elbow, and wrist). My only real complaint is the aweful bent-knee stance, but I can live with that.

MMC C-3PO is AWESOME! Great likeness and shine! Especially noteworthy is the trademark silver leg, which is more apparent than on any of the other figs! Hands down the best 3PO to date!

Another semi-under-rated figure is Zuckuss! This guy gets all the attention for being a Coll. 3 HTF Freeze Frame! In fact he is rery well done. The sculpt under his clothing is unique and shows why HASBRO dosen't have to give us ugly hunks of plastic like Mon Mothma and Royal Guard!!!
    May the force be with you.