Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Smile LOTR: The Return of the King thread

First of all I really want to know what is up with this movie! We've all had little chats about this and that and how will RotK end and everything else in between. The whole "promotion" of this movie is befuddling. With TTT there was a special preview and, if I remember correctly, tons of promotional stuff going on (books, commericials, etc.) way before the movie's release. It seems to me that NewLine/PJ hasn't done as much for this movie.

The preview isn't going to be released until next week's 2-disc TTT DVD set and we really haven't seen anything official on the last movie other than the release date in December.

Does the studio assume that they really don't need to do much promotion-wise? Are they afraid that oversaturation of the market will occur if they push too much or too early? Is there something screwed up with the production of the last movie so the studio is holding back on what they release?

Anyways, I did some hunting around on Yahoo and came up with a bootleg trailer for RotK to tide everyone over. Enjoy!
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

hey cool, i can't wait to see this movie. I hope it is as good as the second one, because that one rocked.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

The official trailer is in theaters from mid september. This is also as far as I know the official official release date worldwide of the toys to go with the movie. I would hazard a guess and say that the reason there isn't much available is that many of the shots are not yet complete and they won't be until right before the premiere. Plus it's only3/4 months to the movie and between now and then there's the deluxe four disk set released in November which may have more footage included. TV spots will undoubtedly begin appearing soon and the stars will start doing the rounds of the talk shows to publicise it. I think they're going for a faster closer to release all out big bang approach rather than a long drawn out whinining nagging one.
    The 'bootleg' trailer is the footage from the Two towers DVD. Still cool though.

hey just watched the preview, Damn, it looks friggin awesome. can't wait for this movie. It's definately going to blow TT away.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

Quote Originally Posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    The 'bootleg' trailer is the footage from the Two towers DVD. Still cool though.
    Are you sure about that Jargo? I've read the TTT disc is supposed to have a 10 minute preview similar to the one released in Jan 2002 at the end of FotR. The trailer is only about 2 minutes in length. Check out amazon.com's description and tell me what you think. Are they talking about a preview trailer or just a behind-the-scenes blurb.

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Thegd.com has a link to a german site that has A LOT OF pictures from the Extended Edition and that relate to ROTK. Problem is, i cna't get the damned site to load!!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    Thegd.com has a link to a german site that has A LOT OF pictures from the Extended Edition and that relate to ROTK. Problem is, i cna't get the damned site to load!!!
    Is it herr-den-ringe or whatever it's called in German?

Here's a direct link.

Beware of some spoilers!

From what i understand, the bootleg thing is cut together from snippets from the DVD. It's like a big clips and interviews thing and the interviews between the clips were cut out.
    However, if this isn't the case then I stand corrected. I was just going on information I got at LOTR websites.
    The pictures at Herr de ringe are awesome.
    Incidentally, got to lordoftherings.net and download the new teaser poster series. Arwen looks so hot! Lovely big shot of Gollum too. I downloaded them all as desktops too. Pretty cool.

They must have just posted those pictures because yesterday I was on there hunting around for a glimpse of anything from RotK. The picture descriptions are very nondescript except for a few.

"(left) Legolas (Orlando Bloom) and Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen) brace themselves for a dangerous confrontation in New Line Cinema's epic adventure."

"Gandalf (Ian McKellen) is determined that evil will not prevail in New Line Cinema's epic adventure."

The one of Aragorn and Legolas looks like it's from where they go off to in the hills to collect the Army of the Dead or what ever it's called.

I was quite impressed with the shot of Aragorn entering the paths of the dead. All the skulls in the walls. Chilly.

I've been archiving all the shots I find that are viewable. Some of the magazine scans are either so small you can't anyhting out or too fuzzy and dark. Screen caps are variable in quality too. I just went on a download blitz and copied entire sites worth of images to my hard drive for sorting later. And not having watched TTT yet I can't sort it from ROTK really. Quite impressive pics though these ROTK ones. I just can't help feeling the skies are going to get a bit depressing all blackened and gloomy for three hours in a darkened theater. No wonder the Gondorians are all miserable as sin. I've decided that I'm definately going to see ROTK in a theater though. Even though i hate the places it's got to be worth seeing it on the big screen with all that awesome fighting and flying fell beasts and wotnot. Is it December yet?