Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

SSG Forums Party - Who is Interested?

I think it's time to get the SSG Forums Community together under one roof. I have been thinking of having a party at Comic-Con next year. How many of you would SERIOUSLY attend?

Right now, I am thinking of Saturday, July 24th 2004 (in the evening of course).
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Where is it? San Diego or Chitown? I think Chicago might be better becuase it is in the middle of the US. Either way I will seriously try and be there in either place. I already discussed it with the Mrs and she seems okay with going to a convention if finances allow it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'm THERE!!

I've been going for the last four years and it just keeps getting better so please count me in!!

I'm sure Tycho will be up for it too!

C'mon Kid, you know you wanna go to San Diego...nice, sunny San Diego besides, the comic con is much bigger than wizard con anyhow
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

It would be in San Diego, it is definitely bigger than Wizard World. It's all going to depend on how many people could attend so we'll see how this thread goes.
    "SirSteve"

I'd be interested.....but San Diego is sooooo far from Georgia. If it was a more central location in the middle of the country, I would love to, and definately would attend. But I couldn't make it to San Diego, even if DNA is there.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

The west coast is a bit inconvienent for the east coast folks. Due to the time change you lose a complete day just coming home. Perhaps if it was in a more central location in the future I could go.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I understand what you are saying but there is more to see at Comic-Con than any other show, except for maybe SW Celebration.
    "SirSteve"

Heck I will go either place, but if more people are ab le to make it to Chicago, then it might be better to have it there. It is smack dab between coasts and all. I want to go to SD but my wife says Chitown. It dont matter to me.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

This sounds like a good idea, but I think Celebration 3 would be a better place for it. I won't make it to Comic Con, but I would not miss C3 for the world. It's most likely gonna be in Indiana again, a much more central location. And a better candidate for a SSG thing. And less travel for you, SirSteve, anyway.

Yeah, I am planning to go to Celebration 3. My friend 12" Lando has family in Indiana, and it would make it easy.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"