Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Value Packs?

Value Packs?

Are those Bonus Clonetroopers repainted AOTC Red Clonetroopers?

http://www.figures.com/databases/act...how_article=15
    Last edited by Battle Droid; 08-20-2003 at 09:49 AM.

They look similar to the Red Clone. Looks like I'll be passing on the single carded CW figures and hunting for these suckers...
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

If those are indeed repainted Reds, it makes those Limited Articulated one's pretty useless now.

Someone mentioned in a Saga thread that these might be exclusives. Anyone know for sure if they are and if so who'll get them? Release date?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

According to Galactic Hunter:

Clone Wars Value Packs
    8/20/2003 1:33:20 AM | Reported by Mike

The mystery of the yellow Clone Trooper, last seen at Hasbro's Press Event , has finally been solved as Slave 1 Japan gives the heads up on the new Clone Wars Value Packs, currently up for sale by robochris.com. The retailer Fall '03 exclusive --- which retailers in particular we don't know at this time --- features Clone Wars Anakin, Yoda, and ARC Trooper packaged with a blue lieutenant, yellow commander, and white grunt respectively. The Clone Trooper looks to be the same sculpt as 2002's red sergeant version. Click on through for images and discussion!
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Exclusive!?!?!? That figures, they always make the good stuff exclusive.

OOOOh, I was itchin' to get these even if they were the limited pose ones from the clone packs, but if these are the ultra poseable red repaints.... A big LOUD YIPPEE! There will be no clones to be found in my area!

Two big questions now though.

Whether or not these are the ultra articulated one or not will there be a green one and another red one? At least they should do the green one. Maybe with Obi-wan or Mace.
    And why oh why Hasbro, do you have to go making something like this EXCLUSIVE. Shoot themselves in the foot they have, as a Jedi Master may be inclined to saying. There is no excuse for this. They should be made available to every retailer who wants them. I am SURE there will be a heavy demand and with all of the past months of delivery and distribution problems, Hasbro is opening up another can of worms.

Whomever, got the exclusive with this will be very happy non one hand because this will definitely be a cash cow. But on the other hand they are going to get sick of hearing from collectors as to why their stores don't have them in stock. IMHO, there's no way these babies will pegwarm. I'm still going to buy the single carded version of the CW figures, but I will jump at the chance for these bonus packs. As long as they are reasonable priced and more so if they are the articulated version of the red clone.

A good price would be $8 limited articulation and $10 great articulation, IMO.

You know that the singles will go for $5 s another fig is reasonable at either $3 for the lesser quality or $5 for the MUCH better quality.

Hasbro is doing some good here by making these, just that DANG exclusivity, is what bothers me.
    Move along, move along

On the "non-exclusive" tip...

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal
    Hasbro is doing some good here by making these, just that DANG exclusivity, is what bothers me.
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...ad.php?t=20843
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

The word value is what bothers me. How much do you think these will cost? Will they be the normal $5, so your basically getting a fig free. Will they be $7.00 so at least you get it at a reduced rate. If it's $10 than there is no value as your are not saveing anything.

I don't care who carries it as I don't have a problem going to differnt stores. As long as they are not hard to find.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Quote Originally Posted by icatch9
    The word value is what bothers me. How much do you think these will cost? Will they be the normal $5, so your basically getting a fig free. Will they be $7.00 so at least you get it at a reduced rate. If it's $10 than there is no value as your are not saveing anything.

I don't care who carries it as I don't have a problem going to differnt stores. As long as they are not hard to find.
    Now you know Hasbro isn't just going to throw money away and give this too us for $5. I think we'd be lucky to get this for $7-8. I'm betting that it sells for $9-10. Especially if it is the super articulated extra clone we've been hearing about.
    Move along, move along