Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I finally caught a few of the episodes this weekend. I find the topics entertaining but I can't stand a lot of the people that they have doing the talking. Hasn't Mo Rocca's 15 minutes of fame been used up? I find him to be annoying and I'm sure he'll seem even more so in 10 years when people look back on it.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    BTW, how many of you have saved any $2 bills or Susan B. dollars?
    I have several $2s, and a $2 silver note. I have far too many Susie Bs though, stupid Post Office stamp machine gave 'em out as change up until the Sacagawawa or whatever it's called came out recently.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

i've got me a $2, a $5 from 1928, numerous half-dollars, many wheatback pennies, and a buffalo nickel somewhere. i can't find it right now...

oh, what was the topic of this thread???
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
    I don't know about you, but I can't wait till VH1 presents "I Love The 1910s."
    AH, correction!! It will be called the I LOVE THE ("19")........'TEENS, 20s, 30s etc. etc........ Uh Oh what did I just start here???????????
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    Anybody notice that they used "Special Edition" footage for the 77 SW coverage? They used the SE Death Star explosion, and there was one other scene that was in the ANH SE.
    It was in the cantina, where the bleeding arm alien was replaced by the elephant tusks one.

Here's the $3.25 question, though (that would be a $2 bill, a $1 Sue. B. An. and a bicentennial quarter); do any of you have a 1980 dollar coin? I hadn't seen one until a few years ago, as most were dated '79.

Good I L.T.70s celebs: :happy:
    Rich Eisen (sp?)
    Mo Rocca
    Ian Michael Black (he actually was shown laughing in one clip! )
    Niles Rogers
    Hal Sparks (good impersonations)

Bad I L.T.70s celebs:
    Ellen Cleghorne
    Rob Zombie (hardly says anything)
    George Lopez
    Bo Derek
    Lynda Carter (she just doesn't offer any insights)
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Good I L.T.70s celebs: :happy:
    Don't forget Issac Hayes!!
    Bad I L.T.70s celebs:
    Man, don't forget Leif Garret.

I can see his baldness even under that hat.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Whoever is program director for VH1 must have the easiest job in the world.

"Let's see, what can we put on the air for next Monday? Hmmmm, let's start out with an episode of "I Love the 1970's," followed by another episode of "I Love the 1970's," then another episode of . . ."

Add another bad celebrity to the list made by Bel-Cam, David Cassidy. He comes off as rather vain and stupid. Actor Luis Guzman is a celebrity you can list under the good one.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

It was in the cantina, where the bleeding arm alien was replaced by the elephant tusks one.

Yep, that's the one! I knew it was in the cantina, just couldn't find it in my memory slot!

Here's the $3.25 question, though (that would be a $2 bill, a $1 Sue. B. An. and a bicentennial quarter); do any of you have a 1980 dollar coin? I hadn't seen one until a few years ago, as most were dated '79.
    Don't know that I have any 1980 dollar coins. I do collect odd money that I would come across in my years that I worked at 7-Eleven. I found an 1865 farthing (sp?) it's a British penny, and I'm not sure that it would be worth much, but it was 100 years older than me when I was born, which is cool!

BTW, I think I'm burned out on all the "I Love the" shows as they seem to be on every time I turn to VH1 on the television.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    BTW, I think I'm burned out on all the "I Love the" shows as they seem to be on every time I turn to VH1 on the television.
    I hear VH1 is going to do two things:
    1) Change it's name to "Video-less Hulabaloo Wan," and
    2) Start an "I Love the 2030s" where they get potential or soon-to-be celebs who are 8-10 years old now who talk about what they think the pop culture and world events will be like in THE FUTURE, and
    3) Learn to count to 2.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Next season on VH1, "I Vaguely Remember the Videos", where minor celebrities and former stars try to recall what they were doing when they saw music videos for the first time. Don't worry loyal VH1 watchers, the channel won't play more than 3 seconds of any one video and won't focus too closely on music of any kind.

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.