Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I Love the 70s on VH1

Man.... bad film makes everything look bad. I am watching years before I was born so it is alien. Still cool in a bizarre way.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

After seeing the bit with the Pet Rock,I now know where Kenner got the idea for the Early Bird Kit.

I was born in 1970 so some of the stuff talked about so far is somewhat familiar. The one thing I had never heard of was the day-of-the-week panties. What the heck is up with that?!

I like the series, but can't quite fathom the producer's pick of celebrity commentators. Half of them look like they're way to young to remember any of that stuff. VH1 must get them all in a room, show them clips of movies, music, and commercials, then push them in the right direction in their comments.

Oh, and Lynda Carter still looks pretty good.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

First time I laughed during a "I L.T. 70s" show was with the Big Wheels. I remember flipping it upside down and spinning the front wheel with the pedals (nothing odd about that), but also yelling "Ice cream man! Ice cream man!" like they mentioned on the show. I have no idea why I did that!
    I was invented in the mid-70s, so I am aware of many of the images from earlier than about 1974 after the fact.
    Somehow, it's not as nostalgic-seeming as "I L.T. 80s" to me.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Well,1977 will be tonight. I'm sure there will be quite a few of us watching that episode.

Well, it's nearly midnight central time, and I might have to catch the reruns of the 1977 installment. I have enjoyed watching it and bringing back the memories! I was born in 65, so I remember most of the 70's..........even the gawd awful styles of those yesteryears! Bring back the 8-tracks.........NOT!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

How cool, I just went over, flipped on the TV, put on VH1 and after the commercials it goes into the Star Wars segment of the year 1977 (well after Ponch did the "babes" of 77')!

How awesome!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Remember when VH1 had videos of music? Maybe that'll be on "I love the '90s".

I am not digging the '70s one anywhere near as much as the '80s series. At first, I chalked it up to being born in '75, but really, even comparing the content on an equal plane, the '70s just aren't as entertaining an episode in history to flash back to in this way.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Remember when VH1 had videos of music? Maybe that'll be on "I love the '90s".

I am not digging the '70s one anywhere near as much as the '80s series. At first, I chalked it up to being born in '75, but really, even comparing the content on an equal plane, the '70s just aren't as entertaining an episode in history to flash back to in this way.
    Yea I totally agree. It is funny how they are making fun of it though moreso than saying "wow, I remember that..." because alot of them don't.
    I will have to say that I was intrigued by learning a number of things that happened during the 70s that I didn't know. Like the floppy disk being invented and the computer mouse in 1970. It was rather freaky looking!!

But yea, I can't wait for I Love the 80s Strikes Back and hopefully there will be a Return of the Eighties too!!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Unless I missed them, which is a possibility, one thing that was less nostalgic about the I L.T. 70s series is that there have been less of the social and news items. It seems to be too focused on the pop culture aspects. The I L.T. 80s mentioned Reagan's assassination attempt, the Berlin Wall, stock market, etc. while I seem to have missed the fuel crisis, Vietnam (OK, I can see why they'd avoid this one), Watergate (I assume this was covered in the '74 program and I just didn't see it), Mars landing, etc.

I think the I L.T. 90s needs to wait at least 2-3 years before they come out with it. You cannot wax nostalgic after only 3 years or so. Example:
    "Hey, do you remember 'The Macarena' dance?"
    Yeah. But what about 'Pokemon' cards?"
    "Wow... it seems like only three years ago sometimes..."

See?
    "That's what Sheev said."