Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

We've been hearing rumors of a remake of this "classic" for a few years now, with such outlandish rubbish as Marilyn Manson starring as Willy Wonka.

However, it looks like it's greenlit, and my thoughts have gone from "meh" to "woo-hoo!" because of two little words:

Tim Burton

If Burton and the Chocolate Factory aren't the perfect match, I don't know what is. Jonny Depp is apparently the frontrunner for the role of Wonka (and with the roles he's played for Burton before, I'd guess it's a given), and a kickin' soundtrack by the great Danny Elfman is pretty much guaranteed.

Not to mention a good chance of a Pee Wee Herman cameo, and lots of really twisted-looking trees!!

:happy:
    Tommy, close your eyes.

If Johnny Depp and Tim Burton do it then I am a Woo-Hoo. I do not want to see Marylin Manson in any form. TimBurton is awesome and I agree, Johnny Depp seems to be a lock for the part with the history they have together.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Manson creeps me out. I hope his collaboration in this project is the product of someone's twisted imagination.

How can they improve on the original version? It's perfect. It's like Lucas making Greedo shoot first.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

i wouldn't mind seeing another burton regular - michael keaton - in the part. anything with tim burton attached is worth a see.

What they should make is a picture about the sequel to "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator" also by Roald Dahl. It is just as a good of a book as the original was.

But I guess we are due for a remake of the classic "Willy Wonka," considering it has been over 30 years since it's original release, and Hollywood has remade a whole bunch of other movies of yesteryear recently. It is a very popular movie amongst many in my age group and even older and it even teaches lessons about morals and what happens to those with boorish behavior.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Plus Tim Burtons Oompa Loompas would rock.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Being as I am such a HUGE fan of the original movie, I was more than a bit apprehensive when I first heard they were moving along with this project (particularly when names like Nicholas Cage and Marilyn Manson were being mentioned in the same sentence). After hearing that Tim Burton was hired to do the job, I felt MUCH better!
    Christopher Walken (Burton's rumored first choice) seemed like interesting casting for the role of Wonka, and I'm a pretty big fan of his, but I just couldn't see as how he'd be able to eclipse the fabulous and classic work done with the character by the always fantastic Mr. Gene Wilder.
    When I heard that Johnny Depp had signed on for the part...I thought we might really be in for something special now! If anyone can pull it off, Johnny can.

hey! i had heard it was walken, as well...

apparently dahl was never happy with the original. i always liked it, but a remake with burton's darker air, and (hopefully) walken as wonka would be so awesome... otherwise, walken could be "slugworth"

my friends and i have been doing wonka lines like walken for the past month now...

"you... stole fizzylifting... drinks.... you... lose. good day... sir..."
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Deeps performance in Pirates certainly shows how he can play a crazy but brilliant man. Regardless of his other rolls. I like the old movie as well and I welcome a remake to make this beloved story new to a whole new generation of kids.

A darker tone would be alright, and probally more realistic. Anyway, looking forward to it. No doubt.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Tim Burton's movies are always great, but also always weird! When I was 4 I was hooked on Nightmare Before Christmas!!!

Johnny Depp can play any role, from teen-on-Freddy's-hit-list to creepy-near-silent-guy-with-scissors-for-hands to crazy-mad-cool-pirate and everything in between! If he had indeed signed up for it, that movie would be awesome!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram