Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I've been on runs in the past during the early Saga years (the elusive Dooku stage) and have run into scalpers or people who were just flat out buying 3 or 4 multiples of very HTF figures just because they could.
    I have a basic philosophy when it comes to buying multiples. If it is a figure I really want multiples of (ie Army Builders) I try to leave at least half of what I find on the pegs.

For example, if I find a store with 4 Animated Clone Wars Clone Troopers I may buy 1 or 2 to open, and in doing so I will look for the least desirable package, because I know that I will be opening it. If the same store has 3 I will only buy 1, but if they only have 1 and I already have the first (MOMC) one I need I will leave it. Does that make sense? I just try to be courteous.

I'm glad to hear you are all trying to help each other out. I can't tell you how many time posters here have helped me score, say...the new Unleashed Clone Trooper, or some other such goodie.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    I have a basic philosophy when it comes to buying multiples. If it is a figure I really want multiples of (ie Army Builders) I try to leave at least half of what I find on the pegs.

For example, if I find a store with 4 Animated Clone Wars Clone Troopers I may buy 1 or 2 to open, and in doing so I will look for the least desirable package, because I know that I will be opening it. If the same store has 3 I will only buy 1, but if they only have 1 and I already have the first (MOMC) one I need I will leave it. Does that make sense? I just try to be courteous.
    That's a good philosophy to have. As for me, it's rare that I buy multiples of figures. I do have around 10 Clonetroopers in various forms (Speeder Bike, SA, ARC, basic Saga, etc.) and a few other basic figures that I've used to make custom figures. When it came to these multiples, I waited until KB Toys started their huge clearance sales ($1.99 and $2.99 each). That way I know there's plenty to go around, I'm not gyping anyone, and I'm actually doing people a favor by clearing the pegs.

I'm glad to hear you are all trying to help each other out. I can't tell you how many time posters here have helped me score, say...the new Unleashed Clone Trooper, or some other such goodie.
    I try to post as often as possible because I've been helped out by fellow forumites in the past (the first time was tracking down a TIE Interceptor back here while I was away at college). It's really the best way to find merchandise in the face of shoddy (but steadily improving) distribution.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Just a quickie update today. The Route 11 K-Mart in Edwardsville has 2 Jabba the Hutt figures and 1 Court Denizen set left @ $10.99 each. You'll have to do some digging on the shelf for the Denizens (they're partially buried under a pile of toys right near the SW pegs - so much for store maintenance).
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    Just a quickie update today. The Route 11 K-Mart in Edwardsville has 2 Jabba the Hutt figures and 1 Court Denizen set left * $10.99 each. You'll have to do some digging on the shelf for the Denizens (they're partially buried under a pile of toys right near the SW pegs - so much for store maintenance).
    I have had NO time to post, but I did find the Wave 2 Ultra at the Williamsport Kmart last week-great job on the B'omarr pack.

BTW-I can't make it tommorrow but here's a heads up to Sith Lord and everyone else in the area. Per the Toy Dept MGR., the Wilkes-Barre new Super Store opens to the public at 8 AM tommorrow(I had heard it was 7, I was wrong...). They expect to have full shelves, including SW Stuff. They were too busy to check UPCs out, but good luck if anyone goes. It always helps to give tips I figure, because the more bought, the more ordered, and it's nice to see someone happy with a find, rare as that may be...

Made my usual calls this morning to Walmart, etc.
    Still nothing showing up in the stores that are outta SW figs.
    Is this ever gonna change?

Re: Multiple Finds - Northeastern PA

Wow, finally a good find! I found the Ozzel wave at the Bloomsburg Walmart on Sat. 3/27. I found 3 each of Ozzel-Bossk-Dengar and 2 each of Dodonna-Antillies-Tie Pilot-Vander. The only other figure they had was a Bar2d2. But...man, it's great to finally see some new figs. According to the female toy stocker, they got in 4 cases on Thurs. 3/25, so I got real lucky with the find. Did anyone else in Central or NEPA find this wave yet?
    I have to get running, but real quick-I open 'em all, so here's a quick few tips...Bossk can NOT hold his gun w/o the rubberbandthing, Ozzel's neck is supremely sculpted, and Dengar might have one of the top 5 paint jobs including gun on any SW fig in the 3 3/4" line. I have 2 friends who collect, so the spoils are divided up and the pegs are once again empty. The positive thing is others are buying figs and not hogging the cases. The feeling of a new find is finally back....
    Last edited by Darth Alex; 03-29-2004 at 05:20 PM.

Just a quick note...found all 4 of the Saga "cinema" scenes for $7.99 at the KB near Williamsport. They had about 4 of each scene and for the carded collectors the condition was about as mint as you can get. My friend grabbed each half of the Geonosian War Room, I picked up all 4, and there are still plenty left. Strangely though, the Tie fighters have all been bought up...oh well.

As first posted in the Saga thread: Silver Clonetrooper Story, the TRU near Williamsport did indeed get the Red Leader X-wing in for $29.99. I have my name on a list and there are still no Silver Clonetroopers in stock yet. In fact, the management including the District Manager who was there on 4/6 seem to have no clue as to what happened to the shipment they were going to get.
    Anyway, I'm passing on the X-wing for now. The figure with it absolutely stinks-for Hasbro to make such a great Dutch Vander figure and then turn around and pack in this junk pilot is just plain stupid. How hard could it be to take the Vander mold or the POTJ Luke Mold or even the Biggs mold and put an accurate head on the pilot? I seriously think people who work at Hasbro are either clueless or crafty because they knowing take advantage of the fact that we'll buy anything they put out. There has to be a point where quality control steps in or we as buyers...well, exercise our right to NOT BUY.
    The biggest insult on this piece is the stupid paper droid behind the pilot.
    Now, come on, if you're gonna put out a vehicle that can fit a droid, INCLUDE the droid...or sell the correct droid on a single card!
    If I was marketing this exclusive, here's what I would have done:

1. Make the X-wing, keep it in the scale it's in now, take out the goofy cardboard pilot/droid mock-ups, and lower the price to $24.99. When the OTC X-wing comes out, I would absolutely keep the X-wing in scale with this one for sake of accuracy. I understand that some have space concerns; I'm in the same boat. But if I could affordably build a little fleet of X-wings, I'd just as soon buy the accuarate, modern version.

2. Make a 4 pack of pilots. 2 ways to do this- Repack Luke, Biggs, Porkins, and Vander for those who are new to the hobby in this OTC DVD year, or include some main characters and a generic, but well-sculpted Rebel pilot. If Hasbro is in the business of selling toys and they want to sell more, then they have to give people a reason to buy more. More pilots in hand would lead to more X-wings sold. Now would also be a nice time to see a re-sculpt of pilot Biggs(removeable helmet at least).

3. Make some droids to go in those X-wings. Make a 4-pack with different droids-of course, include R2, but also make some movie-accurate droid domes so some variety can go into the X-wing fleet. Include a hinged ladder to fit on the X-wing or some sort of mobile step accessory to go in a X-wing diorama. If R2 would be in said 4-pack, make a damaged one from the trench run for sake of variety and newness.

I'm not a rocket scientist, but why is it that time and time again I read people's posts and find that we can come up with better ideas than what's showing up in the stores?

Rant over, but bottom line, I'm not sure it's worth $30 to essentially get a clean version of an X-wing I already have with a junk pack in figure and no droid. I'm at the point where after still not finding any CW SA Clonetroopers, I'm pretty much fed up with army building. I used to collect everything that came out in the 3 3/4" line, but with the supreme drought of '04, I no longer army build and I don't go on toy runs. So, if you're near Williamsport and you want the "new" X-wing, here's a heads-up. Good luck.
    Last edited by Darth Alex; 04-09-2004 at 08:57 AM.

In fact, the management including the District Manager who was there on 4/6 seem to have no clue as to what happened to the shipment they were going to get.
    Good news..."I found them!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
    May the force be with you.

You have brought some humor into my day!
    As I still chuckle...do you suppose this dude drove from Boston just to claim a case of Clones meant for Central PA?
    This is insane and a good example of...wait for the cliche...the DARK SIDE OF THE HOBBY. BWAHAHAHAHA...
    Folks, these are supposed to be a promotional item that's free. Anyone dumb enough to pay $300 bucks for a case, well, I've got a couple of bridges to sell ya.