Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: Multiple Finds - Northeastern PA

The Silver Clones finally hit Central PA...I had my name on a list at the TRU near Williamsport and finally got the call. bbbuuutttt...I got figures meant for someone else. Ya know folks, last time I checked, when my first and last name are not on the sticky note, and I don't recognize the phone number either, it's a sure bet that the TRU animal handler should not hand over the goods!
    I pointed this out and got the weakest excuse...the guy, kinda didn't materialize??? I was actually told this-am I lost in a Star Trek episode? I told the clerk I didn't want to take figures meant for someone else and she kinda got....well...very angry. When I asked if there was even anything held for me, she pointed out then that they got in a limited quantity and OOOPS didn't have enough. SOOO, if you had one or two or four on hold and didn't jump right down to get 'em, your stock got sold. What is going on???? This is simply awful and judging from the way TRU handles their customer relations there is a potential time-bomb ready to go off.
    Whoever this guy was, I know his "note with phone number" got tossed; I watched it. Unless the clerk goes dumpster divin', if this guy shows up, well, even though he had figures on hold, he ain't gettin any. The clerk said they were out and would not be getting anymore.
    The figure does, as had been reported, look like a near-empty spray paint can of fauz silver was used to paint the clone. In the warm 60 degree PA sun, it didn't exactly radiate that mirror-quality of other fine silver metal-vac'd figures of old. As an opener, I was suprised at the...glue is it?....used to keep the gun in place. I was also shocked to see a rather large human hair stuck in the glue on the figure's left "barrel" hand.
    Bad paint jobs are one thing, human hair in the figure is entirely another.
    Speaking of bad paint jobs, you can reference my reply in the LA just found forum for more info, but there is one, count 'em, one Ozzel at the Walmart near Williamsport. The face is not only gravy stained, but Yakuza sliced. A good buy for people who want the ever-elusive choked and facially soiled variant!
    Last edited by Darth Alex; 04-16-2004 at 07:47 AM.

Found 3 new figures in the Bloomsburg Walmart on 4/18, in the AM they had 3 General Dodonnas. The paint job was great on one, smudged on another(the face), and the third had the eyes painted like he was beat up by Jack White. Hoth Luke was also there.
    Boy, does the distribution stink this year, or what?
    TRU in Williamsport seems to have put a stop to the new figures every Thursday-Friday. Although I'm passing, they did move about 5 of the Red Leader X-wing.
    I'm really suprised at the Ultra Distribution, too. Jabba and the Monk have NOT shown up at a Walmart in about 2 months and the repackaged(but first time on shelves!) Jango/Obi-Wan Kamino Ultra haven't shown up at all. You'd think with multiple case assortments PLUS another with the new Flying Attackwok you'd think Hasbro would send the stores some.
    I talked to a pretty-cool stocker at the Montoursville Walmart. He said they get less and less questions on SW and when they do, it's more ******-off fans not finding a thing. The toy department there basically feels their hands are tied-they keep trying to order cases only to find that the home office has none to send BECAUSE Hasbro won't fill their orders. He also said they're getting tired of re-ordering orders that cancel due to non-fulfillment.
    For a company that has a stock uptick, what are they(Hasblaw) DOING????

BTW-Sith Lord, are you finding anything up in your area? I'm guessing not, as no one from up that way has posted anything. I'm coming up to Pittston on 4/20, I may look around, but I fear there's not much point. If you do respond, has the WB Target finally got any Basic figures in? They've been out for months on end....

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Alex
    BTW-Sith Lord, are you finding anything up in your area? I'm guessing not, as no one from up that way has posted anything. I'm coming up to Pittston on 4/20, I may look around, but I fear there's not much point. If you do respond, has the WB Target finally got any Basic figures in? They've been out for months on end....
    I guess this reply will be a little outdated and useless. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. My computer's been in repair for three weeks, and I just got back up and running.

There's been SQUAT around here. Not that I mind too much. Money's been a little tight, so my Star Wars hunt went on a brief hiatus. The only new merchandise I've seen is the new Red Leader X-Wing at TRU, and that thing just looks cheap. Dagobah X-Wing is much better.

Target has been useless with only the same handful of Animated Anakins and Dookus on the pegs. They did have three Saga figures last night, but they were the Darth Maul, Han Solo, and Princess Leia HOF figures. The scanner showed nothing in the stockroom either. Oh yeah, they had the Darth Maul and Obi-Wan collector's glasses too.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Sorry that I never replied to this, Sith Lord. I'm still very much into the hobby, I just haven't had time to post the past weeks.
    I've found the Madine wave only at the TRU near Williamsport so far. If you need any of that wave, post so and I'll get back to you-I'll be checking the boards more now so I'll see your posts.
    For anyone else from NE or CL PA, good luck finding anything new. Kmart has a good grasp on the HOF wave, but all I'm seeing is the Han-Luke-Ani-Leia combo, occasional Yoda. Walmart has gotten in the Ewok Ultra wave in Pittston and Halzeton, as well as solid re-stocks on the HOF; I picked up a couple of Stormies that way.
    TRU seems to be the best bet for new stuff every Thurs-Fri, and they seem to carry a lot of cases. For instance, the Jedi Luke case has been showing up pretty regularly in my neck of the woods, and that's not a bad thing as the cases are selling.
    While I'm not excited about all the repacking in the OTC, I do look forward to the first sighting of the Dagobah case.
    BTW- the TRU Carkoon 4 pack just hit and what's up with those weapons for the guards? They stink! Too big, wrong color, just plain cheap on Hasblos' part...

Don't worry about the late reply, Darth Alex. I've actually had to take a forced leave of absence from the hobby. Between the costs of moving, getting married in less than a month, and my hours at work being cut back, money's been tight lately--although I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for Ozzel, Madine, and Lando General, so if you find those, keep me posted! Thanks!
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I pretty much buy online any more. I'm sick of the lack of product in the stores, not to mention the poor service and rude behavior, especially at Target stores.
    I still go to Wal-Mart about once a week, but that is it.
    You pay alittle more online, but gas prices are insane, and the time you waste looking, it more than evens out. Plus I have everything upto and including the first series of The Oringinal Trilogy collection.
    Target sucks, the one in Dickson City especially, the employees are A-holes.
    Sorry doesn't put thumbs on the hand....

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    Don't worry about the late reply, Darth Alex. I've actually had to take a forced leave of absence from the hobby. Between the costs of moving, getting married in less than a month, and my hours at work being cut back, money's been tight lately--although I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for Ozzel, Madine, and Lando General, so if you find those, keep me posted! Thanks!
    No problem and good luck with getting married. I also hear you with the hours at work cut back; it seems money is tight for everyone I know this late springtime in PA.
    TRU let me down this week in Williamsport-no new cases, just another of the Green Clone 3pk case put out. Walmart near me is actually selling some of the Aalya wave, so hopefully I'll see some Lando General wave soon. I hope this case isn't like the Sio Bibble wave from 00 as I know quite a few people still looking for not only Lando-Han-Madine, but also the Bossk wave as well.
    Again, good luck with getting ready for the big day. I'm not married yet and have enough trouble finding....ahem..."normal" women to date .

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo111
    I pretty much buy online any more. I'm sick of the lack of product in the stores, not to mention the poor service and rude behavior, especially at Target stores.
    I still go to Wal-Mart about once a week, but that is it.
    You pay alittle more online, but gas prices are insane, and the time you waste looking, it more than evens out. Plus I have everything upto and including the first series of The Oringinal Trilogy collection.
    Target sucks, the one in Dickson City especially, the employees are A-holes.
    I can not argue with your point. I am going to dip into the waters of case ordering again with both EE and starwarshop.com probably in July. With gas being up so high and time always at a premium, the hunt does get old sometimes. I usually pick one day a week and go on a small run for a few short hours. For me, Thurs-Fri seems to be the best choice of days.
    And I hear you on the Target tip. Dickson City and State College both seem to have lost the meaning of customer respect/service. Big props to Wilkes-Barre, though. The folks manning the toy area are super-cool and helpful, even if the store seems to be perpetually vacant of any new SW offerings.

I went on a little toy run through Berwick, Bloomsburg, and Williamsport yesterday. Nothing new to report except a few things:

Kmart- pre-gold stripe Saga figures are $1! I picked up a Watto and a Lott Dod in Williamsport. I asked a toy clerk and she said this must be a chain-wide mark down. Also picked up a CW Destoyer Droid Launcher for $2 in the same store. For what it's worth, there may be some good army builders left in the PA Kmarts, so good luck.

Walmart- I wish I had a scanner to give proof, but I got the Ultra Ewok at the WIlliamsport store for $.59 cents!!! I am NOT making this up. This Walmart never has anything new since the Aayla wave got dumped there, but last night I found 3 Saga Snowtroopers and the Ewok. The clerk had trouble scanning the Ewok, pressed a key, and it rang up for 59 cents. I'm wondering if Wally World is clearing these out ala Target or if this was a return (!) from a customer since I've never seen this wave at this store. Further proof of the strange buys in this hobby....

TRU- Williamsport has 3 CW Jedi Army and 5 Green Clone packs. If anyone is interested, go get em.

Good Luck! I'll post again this weekend after I do a little more hunting...