Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Re: Multiple Finds - Northeastern PA

Thanks for the updates. Sith Lord 0498, good to run into you at Target.
    I'll try to set things up on Wednesday of this week so you can message me.
    Good to hear about all the finds-Galactic Hunter has a poster finding stuff in Hazleton and it's good to see WB and Dickson City getting stuff in.
    Cash is getting really tight, but at least with Walmart there's layaway...

The toys r us in Wilkes Barre had the VOTC Vader and Yoda in stock yesterday.
    Sorry doesn't put thumbs on the hand....

I decided to drive up to Steamtown last night, hoping to find the Predator figure I wanted to buy at Suncoast. Boy, was I surprised when I got to the wall with movie collectables!! They have the entire Unleashed assortment with the Clonetrooper, Chewbacca, and Luke Skywalker (Hoth). Even better, all the Clones are the RED VARIANT!!

Downside...Suncoast is charging $19.99 each.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

More OTC news today...

The K-Mart on Route 11 in Edwardsville has the new Cantina Scene #1 w/ Kitik, Wuhrer, and Evazan for $19.99 each. There's three of them left right above the left-over Saga figures.

It is a significantly long piece of the bar, but the figures don't look so great. Wuhrer has way too much dark paint for shadow effects. Kitik only has three colors and very little detail. Evazan looks like a reject from "Total Recall."

Still, they're there for the taking...
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Tonight around 5 pm I stopped in TRU in Dickson City, and they had about 10 each of the VOTC Vader, Yoda, and Luke. Plus they had both of the new Jedi Temple sets. Also Monday night I found the Cantina set at K-Mart in Dickson City. Oh yeah, yesterday I found the new OTC Jawas, Snowtrooper, and Tuskin Raider at the Dickson City Wal-Mart.
    Ok that's it
    Sorry doesn't put thumbs on the hand....

Just a quickie update.

TRU in Wilkes-Barre had two VOTC Yodas and two VOTC Lukes as of this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    Just a quickie update.

TRU in Wilkes-Barre had two VOTC Yodas and two VOTC Lukes as of this evening.
    Good find.
    BTW, Sith Lord, I'm gonna take a break buying figures for awhile.
    Besides the usual money concerns we all have, I'm just getting really burned out and tired of the hobby.
    At first I thought the OTC would be a great thing for SW collecting, but now I'm not so sure.
    Facts are, it's really frustrating to NOT find what I'm looking for, and driving around from store to store or deal with online merchants is just a pain.
    For now, don't email me with that trade list. If I'm back collecting, you'll see a post here. And if I do get around to sorting through what I have and get rid of anything I'll let you know.
    I stopped by TRU today and the only VOTC there was the Han. I really DO believe you guys, I know yer finding the figs, it's just that not enough is making the rounds for everyone to be happy.

I'll still post, especially when I get the OTC DVD. I'm hoping there aren't too many sad changes, so we'll see soon...

I guess I just expected that with 4 + 1/2 weeks to go until the OTC DVD hits, I figured stores would get their act together. But...obviously it's business as usual.
    So, good luck finding stuff, I'm taking a break, buy what I can't and WON'T find....

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Alex
    Good find.
    BTW, Sith Lord, I'm gonna take a break buying figures for awhile.
    Besides the usual money concerns we all have, I'm just getting really burned out and tired of the hobby.
    At first I thought the OTC would be a great thing for SW collecting, but now I'm not so sure.
    Facts are, it's really frustrating to NOT find what I'm looking for, and driving around from store to store or deal with online merchants is just a pain.
    I'm bowing out for a while too, Darth Alex--and for the same reasons too: money's getting tight and burn-out. It's ridiculous!! The new stuff is already starting to pegwarm (i.e. the VOTC Han and Obi-Wan, Ask Yoda, and Millennium Falcon)!!! The only reason I've still been posting and going around to the stores is because I still need to kill that hour in the morning between taking my wife to work and going to work myself. But even that will be ending in a week because I'll be working with the kids in school again, and that starts at 8:30.

I've already decided that I've had enough of the OTC, and there's only three things left that I'll look for: VOTC Fett (just so I'll have an ANH, ESB, and ROTJ carded figure on the wall--one from each), Slave 1, and Hoth Vader.

For now, don't email me with that trade list. If I'm back collecting, you'll see a post here. And if I do get around to sorting through what I have and get rid of anything I'll let you know.
    That's cool. I'll probably just have a yard sale soon so my wife can get rid of some stuff too (she keeps asking when I'll get the SW boxes out of our living room ). I'll likely post it on here too in case anyone else is interested.

I stopped by TRU today and the only VOTC there was the Han. I really DO believe you guys, I know yer finding the figs, it's just that not enough is making the rounds for everyone to be happy.
    Very, very true. I went to TRU the next day, and I found the same thing: all VOTC Han figures. As it was, there were only two Vaders. I bought one, and another collector showed up just as I picked mine up and snagged the other one. When I left, there were 2-3 Lukes and 2 Yodas. You're right. There's just not enough circulating to meet demand.

I'll still post, especially when I get the OTC DVD. I'm hoping there aren't too many sad changes, so we'll see soon...
    One last thing: if you haven't already pre-ordered the Trilogy, go to GameStop (the one on the road leading into Target's parking lot). With a trade-in of any three DVDs (as long as they're in the system to be traded), you can pre-order the widescreen DVD set for only $29.99. I traded in Predator (old version), Robocop (Criterion), and Galaxy Quest to get the deal, and then got rid of two X-Box games for $8 store credit. The Trilogy is only going to cost me $24 after taxes now!!!

Another quickie update...

K-Mart on Route 11 in Edwardsville has two 12" gray-suit Boba Fett figures and two 12" Stormtroopers in stock. There's a pair in the pile directly beneath the Spider-Man figures. The other pair is above the Spider-Man figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    I'm bowing out for a while too, Darth Alex--and for the same reasons too: money's getting tight and burn-out. It's ridiculous!! The new stuff is already starting to pegwarm (i.e. the VOTC Han and Obi-Wan, Ask Yoda, and Millennium Falcon)!!! The only reason I've still been posting and going around to the stores is because I still need to kill that hour in the morning between taking my wife to work and going to work myself. But even that will be ending in a week because I'll be working with the kids in school again, and that starts at 8:30.
    I've already decided that I've had enough of the OTC, and there's only three things left that I'll look for: VOTC Fett (just so I'll have an ANH, ESB, and ROTJ carded figure on the wall--one from each), Slave 1, and Hoth Vader.
    That's cool. I'll probably just have a yard sale soon so my wife can get rid of some stuff too (she keeps asking when I'll get the SW boxes out of our living room ). I'll likely post it on here too in case anyone else is interested.
    Very, very true. I went to TRU the next day, and I found the same thing: all VOTC Han figures. As it was, there were only two Vaders. I bought one, and another collector showed up just as I picked mine up and snagged the other one. When I left, there were 2-3 Lukes and 2 Yodas. You're right. There's just not enough circulating to meet demand.
    One last thing: if you haven't already pre-ordered the Trilogy, go to GameStop (the one on the road leading into Target's parking lot). With a trade-in of any three DVDs (as long as they're in the system to be traded), you can pre-order the widescreen DVD set for only $29.99. I traded in Predator (old version), Robocop (Criterion), and Galaxy Quest to get the deal, and then got rid of two X-Box games for $8 store credit. The Trilogy is only going to cost me $24 after taxes now!!!
    Thank you for the detailed reply. I have not had a chance to post since last week, so I will say not too much has changed with my take on the hobby.
    After rethinking it all, I have lost a lot of fire for the hobby, but I will still buy some select figures, just not everything.
    For instance, I called TRU in Scranton last Saturday just to see if maybe a Vader VOTC would be there, and man, did I get lucky. They happened to have the Luke-Yoda-and Vader VOTC there.
    Yoda is a good example of why I'm disgusted with SW collecting. I like the OTC Dagobah Yoda and don't see a huge improvement with the VOTC version.
    I bought it to have the set of 12....but I will NOT be doing that with the regular ol'basic OTC line.
    The Luke is very cool and the head sculpt I can live with. Massive amount of articulation, very nice.
    HOWEVER....the Vader is probably my favorite figure ever. The cape(s), the neck, the look, the height, that chain, just PERFECT.
    And sadly, impossible to find.
    What's going to kill the hobby for me is eventually it's gonna be too much work to get what I want.
    I called Bryan's Toys yesterday-still no SA Clonetroopers. R2DToys has em for $23 bucks!!!
    Speaking of which, I enabled private messaging...Sith Lord, if you still want to sell or trade the one you have, I would be very grateful. I will probably grab your Outrider too. Send me a message and we'll set something up.
    I'm starting to go through what loose 3 3/4" stuff I'm getting rid of, I'll get a list together soon.
    Anyway, for everyone reading this, hang in there if yer frustrated. Kmart/WB is putting out alot of Xmas stock mid-September and Walmart/WB said a Hasbro rep was there this week and promised to help get more stock in more frequently.
    TRU in both WB and Scranton didn't get anything yet this week SW-wise, but Scranton did say to call back tommorrow.
    So, after all, I'm still collecting, but it's gonna be a figure I really want, not just to have or complete any waves.
    BTW- I did finally find a Spirit Ben at the WB Walmart this past Tuesday. The figure rocks! I passed on the R2, though. There was a time I'd buy it, but I have too many R2s and I don't need another. I'll probably by the VOTC one, that's special to me, but that's about it!
    Well, good luck on the hunt, and I'll post my finds. I'll not go on regular toy runs, but when I'm out, I'll let you know.
    And Sith Lord, send me a list, we'll get together, trade, sell, whatever. I will absolutely ask for dibs on the SA Clonetrooper....thanks.

As a final point, it is distressing to see that the DVD is about 3 and a half(YES!) weeks off and the 50 OTC figures are STILL not in great circulation.
    I hope September is a better month.
    Last edited by Darth Alex; 08-26-2004 at 03:59 PM.