Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Re: Multiple Finds - Northeastern PA

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    Another quickie update...

K-Mart on Route 11 in Edwardsville has two 12" gray-suit Boba Fett figures and two 12" Stormtroopers in stock. There's a pair in the pile directly beneath the Spider-Man figures. The other pair is above the Spider-Man figures.
    Thanks for the post/find. My buddy Jamie is looking for the Stormtrooper, we'll have to stop buy(sic).

Quick update for today...
    TRU/WB-no new SW this week, clerk said to call back next Wed. when a truck is due
    Walmart/WB-nothing today, check back on Tuesday
    Target-dry again, nothing to put out over the weekend, call back maybe Monday
    Kmart-check back the 2nd week of September
    KB-lost cause...

This is simply pathetic. I even called Sam's to find out about the Falcon + figures pack and they have no idea what I'm talking about.
    I'm gonna guess that places like Walmart will push the figures when the DVDs come out, but with other stores, who knows?

Called Bryan's Toys-no SA Clone for the foreseeable future and if you want a VOTC Fett, you're gonna pay $34.99!!!!!! + shipping, VOTC C3PO will be $22.99 + shipping!!!

On a different subject, the new Peter Jackson LOTR figure will be a chase variant-called Amok Time, they've been good in the past, but now say to just check their ebay site, if they even get any.

The whole toy scene is just pathetic.
    At least by calling, I can save myself time, $$$, gas, and trouble/frustration.

Good-more money to go see Hero at the Cinemark...I've had the region free disc for a while, and if you haven't seen it and like Martial Arts films-run! Just get there, it's a new classic. I would buy figures if stores had em, but oh well. Off to Hero....and popcorn, too....

Hey there Kwyjibo111, Darth Alex, Sith Lord and all others by Williamsport, Wilkes Bare or any other place for that matter. At the Montoursville Wal-Mart off 80 the current inventory is: OTC Vintage - 3 Han, 2 Leia, 4 Bens, 3 Yoda, 2 Darth's, 2 Lando's, 1 C-3PO. OTC Regular - Lobot, Leia Bespin, Han, Luke Bespin, Bossk, Greedo, C-3PO, R2-D2, IG-88, Luke Jedi, all Dagobah figs, Luke Pilot, Stormtrooper, and a couple others. They will probably be gone in a few days as our rate of sale is 20 - 50 figs a week. I do the ordering for this Wal-Mart, and order 2 - 3 cases weekly depending on what I feel Hasbro will ship us. If you would like me to help you out in getting stuff for you just drop me a private message and I'll give you my e-mail so I can give you all the info you need. I can inform you two days before the arrival of cases and it's only like an hour drive from where you are. Since I watch the cases I make sure to manage how much we order so we don't get 5 cases of the same crappy assortments (thus the pegwarmer effect is avoided). Whatever the case drop me a line if you are interested. I'm happy to lend a hand to alleviate your frustrations.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Hey, thanks for the offer.
    Sorry doesn't put thumbs on the hand....

Yes, now that I finally have time to post, thank you for the offer. If I get down that way, I'll give you a call.
    BTW- I was all over the Valley yesterday and found almost nothing new.
    If you collect em, the AOTC wave of Galactic Heroes is at the Kmart down in Moosic near the Cinemark.
    Walmart in Dickson City still had 3 VOTC Leias and the TRU up there had 1 VOTC Luke if anyone still needs them.

If anyone has an answer to this, please, by all means...
    WHERE ARE THE TOYS AT?
    Are stores holding on to stuff to put out on the 21st?
    I can't find VOTC Lando and VOTC C3PO and believe me, I called the Montoursville Walmart after the post and just missed em, appartantly.
    BUUUUUT....why is it so hard to find a Wicket here or a Biker Scout there?
    Why are the VOTC is such a short supply?
    If the 21st comes and goes and nothing new(NOT including Walmart 3 pks, those almost HAVE to get put out) shows up, I can only assume that the hobby/line has been given a vote of NO CONFIDENCE at retail.
    I find it hard to believe that less then TWO WEEKS before the release of the DVD, shelves are so empty.

Stores have to be holding back, right....?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Alex
    BUUUUUT....why is it so hard to find a Wicket here or a Biker Scout there?
    As a matter of fact, there is one Wicket at the Route 11 K-Mart in Edwardsville as of 8:30 this morning as well as Bespin Leia, Cloud Car Pilot (several of them in fact), Stormtrooper, and a few others.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    As a matter of fact, there is one Wicket at the Route 11 K-Mart in Edwardsville as of 8:30 this morning as well as Bespin Leia, Cloud Car Pilot (several of them in fact), Stormtrooper, and a few others.
    Thank you for the update!
    I'm on my way to Lock Haven today, so I'll stop there soon.

BTW- Sith Lord, I'll have my "to sell/trade" list together next week, so we'll have to meet up-I do still want the SA Clone and the Outrider.

Sorry you missed the Lando wave, the new Lando is really nice, but the 3PO looks pretty dumb in the package. There is only two of each of these in a case of 8 so unless you go to a store when they are putting out a case it will be fairly difficult to find for the first few weeks. However when the Chewbacca wave hits these figures will probably turn into common sights. On the bright side I have 4 cases of the VOTC on order, and 6 cases of the OTC stuff. I'm hoping that the OTC will be either the Tusken wave or the new Gamorrean wave. The Gamorrean wave will be released to tie in with the DVD release. This stuff should arrive in the next two weeks. I'll post when I see that the items are in the warehouse. After they are in the warehouse they will arrive in the store in approx two days.

You should be seeing more Biker Scouts in the future because this fig will be packed in with the some Gamorrean assortments. Wicket on the other hand is another story. He was packed in with the Cloud Car Pilot wave, and that's about it. These cases will stop their run this month. I'll keep my eye out for one for you.

The DVD three packs will be released on the 21st. All Wal-Mart's should be getting a pallet of these three sets on Thursday next week, but they will not be allowed to go out until the 21st. I will let you guys know that they came in when they arrive if you want to know. Also I have no word on the carrying cases. I have heard on a post here that they saw them in stores. I find that statement questionable as we have not had a Mod change for this item on our store smart system. I suspect this will hit around the week of the 21st.

Is it just me or do you folks think that the idea of these carrying cases with the same old figures sound like a really lame product? I think these will be sitting on the shelves after the first week!
    Last edited by Jaff; 09-10-2004 at 08:44 AM.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaff
    Also I have no word on the carrying cases. I have heard on a post here that they saw them in stores. I find that statement questionable as we have not had a Mod change for this item on our store smart system. I suspect this will hit around the week of the 21st.

Is it just me or do you folks think that the idea of these carrying cases with the same old figures sound like a really lame product? I think these will be sitting on the shelves after the first week!
    It's not questionable. The Supercenter on Highland Park Blvd. in Wilkes-Barre has had these cases out for nearly two weeks now at least. They fill an entire side of a center floor display next to the bikes. The opposite side is split between Galactic Heroes and OTC figures. They barely moved any of the carrying case inventory though because they ARE lame.

And also....

Hear ye! Hear ye!! TRU in Wilkes-Barre has about a DOZEN of the VOTC Yodas, a DOZEN Vaders, and a DOZEN Lukes!!!! That's about all they have, but at least it's something.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Good news, guys.
    I agree, the carrying cases are lame. I'm not anywhere near even a 3 and 3/4" line completest, but I'd still have a hard time forking over for em. On the other hand, for kids or people who don't have em, they are an option for a storage case.
    The thing I think we're all on about is that the repack figures in both cases are a poor idea. The Fett is getting to be a bit much-this is the umpteenth release of this version and while I'm all for the POTF2 Commtech Stormie as an army builder, why the huge blaster when Hasbro is clearly making the new, smaller, better looking one(in my humble opinion.
    And Jaff, thanks for the updates. If you get stuff in, I have friends I can visit in Williamsport-all the more reason to go on a toy run.
    Sith Lord, thanks for the TRU update. I was at the Muncy TRU late Thursday(I had no time to post until now-gotta get my Dell hooked up!) and they had 10 each of Luke, Yoda, and that great Vader.

I think it's clear-stores are holding stuff back.
    TRU in WB got in another case of the 12"ers(OTC), so I'm pretty sure the Stormtrooper will be there if you need him.

My massive toy run on Thursday did nab the Wicket(THANK YOU very much Sith Lord, I bought about 6 figures from the Edwardsville Kmart), but still no sign of the new VOTC case or the Endor Ambush. According to the desk clerk at the TRU(Muncy), look for the Endor Ambush either 9/21 or during the Vader 'giveaway' in Rocktober.