Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Re: Multiple Finds - Northeastern PA

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Alex
    TRU in WB got in another case of the 12"ers(OTC), so I'm pretty sure the Stormtrooper will be there if you need him.

My massive toy run on Thursday did nab the Wicket(THANK YOU very much Sith Lord, I bought about 6 figures from the Edwardsville Kmart), but still no sign of the new VOTC case or the Endor Ambush. According to the desk clerk at the TRU(Muncy), look for the Endor Ambush either 9/21 or during the Vader 'giveaway' in Rocktober.
    You're very welcome, but I have to apologize. I was in an extreme rush when I posted about TRU and I forgot to mention several things.

1) They had the OTC 12 inch then too, so there are Fetts and Stormies to be had--I'm skipping them as they are too much money right now.

2) They DO HAVE THE ENDOR AMBUSH SET!!--about seven or eight of them in fact. Look on the bottom shelf.

There...that's my complete post this time!!
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    You're very welcome, but I have to apologize. I was in an extreme rush when I posted about TRU and I forgot to mention several things.

1) They had the OTC 12 inch then too, so there are Fetts and Stormies to be had--I'm skipping them as they are too much money right now.

2) They DO HAVE THE ENDOR AMBUSH SET!!--about seven or eight of them in fact. Look on the bottom shelf.

There...that's my complete post this time!!
    Thanks, once again. I stopped by the WB are today, here's da finds:

All WB stores...
    On GH the reports of Walmart getting the Falcon are true. Wally World got in a pallet/display with a bunch of the Falcons; however, no new VOTC in like the Hazleton store. They did get another case of the HOF wave...I dunno, maybe they were a return as all 12 were not there or maybe a cancelled layaway, who knows...I picked up another Stormtrooper for a display.
    TRU-Yes! They do have about 7 of the Endor Ambush and more VOTC Lukes, about 4 of him. Passed on the set for now, may get it later this week. Why, oh why can't Hasbro just reissue the Saga Speeder Bike instead of the one with the incorrect scuplt....
    Kmart-Nada
    Target-Scoooooore! All 6 of the first VOTC for whoever needs em, all 4 of the Dagobah Wave(nice to see Ben haunting in), and finally I got the Snowtrooper. Yes, it is slightly more dirty...

Watched Empire of dreams last night on A&E. Pretty cool, although seeing the original and the SE footage just reinforces my theory that the OTC DVD should be 3 sets of 4 discs. Nice job, George...

That's it for now...

Well, some new things are circulating prior to 9/21...

Target- both in the area got the 8 VOTC case, I missed the Lando, but did grab the remaining C3PO at the Dickson City store. Both stores also had the Snowtrooper-Jawa case in, got 2 Snowtroopers in D.C. as well as the last pack of Jawas. The Jawas are a GREAT repaint, fantastic to see em again. Other than a cloth cape Jawa, one could not ask for a better 2 pack. I also like the 'dirty' paint on the Snowtrooper. No Slave 1 at either location yet.

I'll review it when I have more time, but the C3PO is the biggest letdown and waste of cash I've bought in SW outside of the Monkey Faced Leia wave.
    I hope Chewy and R2 aren't letdowns as well in the VOTC line...

TRU- Dickson City got in the Dagobah case, my first glance of the Basic OTC at TRU. The WB store still has a bunch of the Endor Ambush set.

Walmart- Sith Lord, good to see you in WB, sorry to hear about the loss. Falcolns abound there, and the D.C. store has all 4 of the 1st VOTC wave.

Kmart- nothing new yet, buuuut I think that new Cantina Scene should show up soon.

It seems that these figures are selling, so it's good to see some movement in the hobby again.

I picked up THX 1138 yesterday. This is my first time seeing it and if you like classic Sci-Fi, I feel it is a classic. Duvall is fantastic as always, Donald Pleasance has the proper amount of menace and lunacy, and Lucas wrote and directed a great Orwellian parable on modern culture. For all the trash I've talked about his revisionist tacticts when it comes to the OTC DVD, I have a new respect for him as a multi-faceted filmmaker. The extras are good too...nice to see a well-thought out package.

That's it for now...can't wait for the 21st!
    Last edited by Darth Alex; 09-15-2004 at 12:54 PM. Reason: the whole zig-zag thing again...

Found some new stuff this morning...

KB-WB(mall)- They got in 2 cases of the VOTC new wave, one of all four from each movie. Someone bought all 8 this morning according to the clerk, and the C3PO was the only one gone from the other case. They still have Vader, Luke, Leia, and Yoda if you still need em. Han/Ben are still pegwarming(I can't believe I'm writing that, but they are). I did buy(no bragging) the last Lando.
    I gotta say Lando is worth the purcahse. Nice articulation, great sculpt, good neck/cape thing. I haven't had time to post reviews yet, but I still think the C3PO really stinks. He looks good, hard to mess that up, but it could have been so much more. C3PO is really the only one I'd say pass on if yer short on money, maybe Yoda, too.

TRU-WB- more 12" Stormtroopers, had 2 this morning, and about 4 more(12 total) of the Endor Ambush set.

I also went to Walmart, Target, and Kmart all in WB-including TRU and KB, there is very little evidence of the OTC and VOTC out there besides what shipped in about 2 weeks ago. I mean, you can still find some figures here and there, plus the Falcon and the Tie and Xwing, but nothing new...yet. No Slave 1, Ywing, ROTJ VOTC, or end cases of the OTC....yet. I'm hoping the 21st cracks things open...

BTW- I work at a couple of the local Gallery of Sounds(a locally owned independent record store with 11 locations for those of you not near NE PA!) and saw the soundtrack info in the computer. We're getting a 6 CD box called Trilogy and 2 CD sets of the soundtracks by themselves. The box is $59.99 and the 'sets' are $21.99 list, but all 4 items will be on sale according to our buyer, Mr. Chorba(thanks, Chorb).
    I will buy these again as my ESB and ROTJ CDs from 1997 got scratched up...

I don't know about everyone else, but I can't wait to see Tuesday get here.

Also, be careful out there. My best friend is getting flooded out in Pittston and we have water damage at our house. I hope this rain will stay away....

Well, folks, NE PA is pretty busted for the big day.

After calling WB Sam's Club & WB Walmart yesterday and finding that NOTHING new was expected toy wise for the DVD release day, I figured I'd focus my time up north.

I don't know why I got outta bed for it...

All Scranton:

Nothing new....except the 3 DVD Packs at Walmart. The Luke/Ben/Droids one is in short supply, the ESB one is fairly stocked, but the Vader/Electromitt Emperor and I've got a huge blaster Stormtrooper are stacked up.

TRU had the Dagobah case in, KB/Steamtown and Kmart/DC had some OTC Wickets and Stormtroopers in, but Target hardly had anything.

I did stop by the WB TRU and the WB Target.....Target had the same stuff as yesterday, which is to say not much. TRU/WB is a joke...NO DVD display, nothing new.

Folks, I can see the end of the line again...toy runs just are a waste of time.
    And I get angry when I read reports on the other SW collecting sites of people finding the new OTC waves and worse yet the VOTC ROTJ wave. I'm tired of being patient and I'm tired of hunting. I'm tired of breaking down and ordering a case online only for it never to ship or to ship well after I've found what I ordered in stores.

Rant over, but the point needs to be made that TODAY is the day. 9/21. People who are fans are GONNA have money for figures.

I used to be a open-collector completest. After days like today, I know I'm gonna look less and care less.

At least I have the DVD.

So, any rocks I need to look under in NE PA for SW toys? Did I miss some announcement that the toys are being held back until....when?

Hello everyone in Pennsylvania! It's about 9:00 PM here in Montoursville and one hour ago we got in 5 cases of OTC stuff. The cases arrived are as follows:
    1 x Wave 8 consisting of Cloud Car Pilot, Wicket, Lobot, Boba, 3PO, Ben, Leia Bespin, Stormie, and R2-D2
    1 x Wave 8.25 consiting of Cloud Car Pilot, Lobot, Leia Bespin, Dagobah Luke (handstand pose), dagobah Yoda, Dagobah R2, Spirit Ben, TIE Pilot, Darth and Princess Leia
    1 x Wave ? (This case had no wave writting on it) consisting of 2 jawas, 2 tusken, lobot, leia bespin, Cloud Car Pilot, 2 Bossks (this sucks because we have like 6 Bossks on the shelves allready), and 3 Ben Kenobi (a unnessesary pack in). Needless to say this case was really very strangely packed.

and hold on to your hats - they have arrived!

2 x wave 9.25 consisting of Scanning officer, Bib, Lando General, AT-ST Han, General Madine, Leia Slave, Lando Skiff, Gammorean, both Darth vaders, tusken, and Biker scout

The last two cases will be gone very quickly and I bought one scanning officer a gamorean, and tusken so hurry down if you can. They are on the shelf whether they stay there through the night is another story.

Anyways never fear there is another case due in the next week, 3 VOTC cases due in the next week. Another 72 figures are on order and should arrive in the next three weeks. Next month around the end of october I am planning to make an endcap of figures after the Sly Moore wave is confirmed out so I'll keep you updated!
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Nice update, thanks for the information, I'll have to keep a look out around here.
    Thanks
    Sorry doesn't put thumbs on the hand....

Target in Wilkes-Barre has the entire vintage ROTJ assortment in stock. (Chewie, Stormtrooper, R2, and Boba Fett). There are also Vaders, Landos, Yodas. The pegs are overflowing with VOTC.

They also have two Tusken Raider Unleashed and one Aayla Secura Unleashed (with a horrific blue and purple paint job).
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

If any of you folks anywhere in PA want to find out the store # of your local Wal-Mart's I can tell you their current inventory levels on an every other day basis so you can know if they got new cases in. I can do it for any Wal-Mart in the U.S. so that goes for whoever wants it wherever. I will post bi-daily if you choose this as an option.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    Target in Wilkes-Barre has the entire vintage ROTJ assortment in stock. (Chewie, Stormtrooper, R2, and Boba Fett). There are also Vaders, Landos, Yodas. The pegs are overflowing with VOTC.

They also have two Tusken Raider Unleashed and one Aayla Secura Unleashed (with a horrific blue and purple paint job).
    It's awesome that Target got these in, great find.
    Unfortunatly, I'm on vacation in Las Vegas this week...so I'll have to hit Target when I get back.

And Jaff, thank you for the info. I couldn't make it down when the new OTC cases hit your store. Keep up the posts, if you get in the ROTJ VOTC wave or restock on the new OTC cases, I'll call yer store, get figures held and travel down!

For my NON Las Vegas finds, head on over to that thread....