Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Poll Suggestions! - What do you want to see asked of our readers?

The title says it all.

Please post your serious suggestions for questions and multiple choice answers.

First you may want to click back through all the past polls that have been done on this site, by selecting "from the beginning" in the drop down box that typically reads "show posts from the past 30 days."

I already have plans to do polls on:

More playsets including a suggestion for a run-off series of polls, like the Battle of the Machines, but for a War of the Worlds inspiring playsets for the figures from each of the movies, and then having a run-off to find out what the most demanded ones are.

Figure selections including favorites in the categories of:

Rebel Officers
    Imperial Officers
    Army Builders
    Separatists
    Jedi Masters
    Podracer Pilots
    Padme Amidala's outfits
    Rebel Pilots
    Expanded Universe figures
    Deluxe Figures with real large movie accessories, like Bacta Luke.

And I've been doing a series of polls focused on demand for each of the remaining 12 vintage figures Hasbro has not modernized from the old Kenner line.

Search the archived polls to find ones on topics like Cantina Aliens, Galactic Senators, Jabba's Palace thugs, and the most-wanted, unproduced Vehicles - and such topics as the future of the comic books.

In the meanwhile, I'm sure there's so much I haven't thought of.

Please post your serious suggested questions and their multiple choice answers in this thread. I look forward to seeing them.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Q: Would you prefer that Hasbro dropped the action features or not?

A1: yes, drop them right now, I don't want any more figures mutilated by their monstrous ugliness and tackiness.

A2: No, I think they're neat Hasbro could do with adding more features.

A3: Not sure, what are they again?

A4: They just need refining a bit and then they'll work okay.

Q: Would you buy a large playset environment if it was made in modular sections and each segment was sold separately allowing you to build up a large environment slowly?

A1: Sure I would, who wouldn't? Sounds like an excellent idea.

A2: Sounds expensive and what if I couldn't find all the pieces? I'm not sure about this.

A3: No chance. Where would I put a playset the size of a football field even if it was just four or five sections it would be too big for me.

A4: Hasbro should stick to doing what they do best - figures and vehicles.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    Q: Would you prefer that Hasbro dropped the action features or not?

A1: yes, drop them right now, I don't want any more figures mutilated by their monstrous ugliness and tackiness.

A2: No, I think they're neat Hasbro could do with adding more features.

A3: Not sure, what are they again?

A4: They just need refining a bit and then they'll work okay.
    I vote A1. The action features are fun for about, oh, 2 seconds or so...when they work that is.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    Q: Would you buy a large playset environment if it was made in modular sections and each segment was sold separately allowing you to build up a large environment slowly?

A1: Sure I would, who wouldn't? Sounds like an excellent idea.

A2: Sounds expensive and what if I couldn't find all the pieces? I'm not sure about this.

A3: No chance. Where would I put a playset the size of a football field even if it was just four or five sections it would be too big for me.

A4: Hasbro should stick to doing what they do best - figures and vehicles.
    A5. No, modular playsets are a horrible idea. Ships and "rooms" that actually look like the ships and rooms from the films will sell far better than a cheap collection of plastic walls with stickers on them.

Complete your Vintage Collection Poll

In 2003, assembling a complete Vintage Collection can be a costly enterprise, as obviously, all the items are now in the secondary market.

How would you feel about Hasbro actually recreating the entire original 96 figure line in their original packaging (packaging could have some slight "2003" moniker or something very small to differenciate it from actual vintage material) for retail sale. No gimmicks. No updates. Just the figures from the original molds (or reproductions of the molds when necessary).

1. Yes, I think this is a great idea! Not only could I finally complete my collection, but Hasbro would only win by taking some of the money that I was going to throw away on Ebay.

2. Yes, though I have no plans on completing a Vintage Collection myself, I think that this would help to reinvigorate the line and keep the new stuff going for years to come.

3. No, I have no interest in completing a Vintage Collection.

4. No, I have a Vintage Collection that I want to unload and Hasbro would seriously cut into my profits.

good questions of all and I like your gimmicks one most, E Jargo, but the question isn't too precise cause I don't know if you count magnets as an action feature or not, so just add the answer:

A5: drop the action feutures with buttons and stuff but leave the magnets and metal lightsabers (or something like that)
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

I get the feeling that stores and/or Hasbro are going to try to raise the price of the figures back to six bucks, just a gut feeling, but still. So I'd suggest the following poll:

"Would you continue buying the 3-inch figures if the MSRP price went back to $5.99?"
    - Yes, absolutely
    - Possibly some, but not most
    - No, anything over $5 is too much for these
    - I won't buy most at any price

(That last one is more of a wildcard entry, but I figure there seems to be a lot more folks kicking the habit, as it were, lately.)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I would love to complete my vintage collection but they would have to make them the same way. ThwenI come to the question, shoukd I open them or leave them closed. All my vintage stuff is opened and my newer stuff is still in box or MOC. I think they should make them but I only need about 10 of them.

I think the price on the figures is just right. %.99 for a figure is a little bit expensive being they are so many of them already. Hasbro makes too much money as it is.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Here's a poll idea that came from one of the other threads:

Now that we've seen Episode I and II, are you glad Lucas isn't going to do all 9 movies like he originally intended?

A. No, the Prequels are great

B. Yes, the Prequels are not as good as they could have been

C. The prequels are not as good as they could have been, but I still would have liked to see the last 3 films anyway.

D. The Prequels are great, but let's quit while we're ahead.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

How about covering this issue:

"Is the magic gone from Hasbro SW?"
    - Yes, definitely gone
    - It's starting to disappear
    - No, it's still as good

This thread in Dear Hasbro seems to really be bringing a lot of folks into saying their piece, I think while controversial in our little circle, the issue is interesting enough to take a vote upon.

---

Or how about this:
    "How does collecting during 2002 compare to the previous year?"
    - I'm collecting more Star Wars this year than last
    - I'm collecting the same amount of SW this year as last
    - I'm collecting less SW this year than last
    - I've stopped collecting SW this year
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Would you like to see figures off different races released,similar to the different races in the Vintage Era?(I.E. Black Bespin Guard}

-Yes!It would be a great idea to have diversity
    -No,Too many variations and/or just keep them white for uniformity
    -If released,keep them to army builder packs only
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!