Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I just got an Arc Trooper Value Pack!

Hi, folks.

Star Wars Paul is a seller on eBay from whom I've bought tons of stuff. He has posted a ton of the new Clone Wars singles and value packs. I just snagged one of the Arc Trooper Value Packs for $29.99. Not cheap, but I don't particularly care about that - I'm jonesin' for one of these puppies something hard!

Check his stuff out at:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sort=3&rows=50

You'll be plenty pleased.

J

OUCH! You paid $30 plus $7 shipping for that fig? What where you thinking ? That's overpaying by $30some if you'd of just waited a few weeks. These things won't be hard to find. Next time you feel like throwing money down the toliet, give me a call and I'll take it off your hands .
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Once again good find. I can't blame you with how unpredictable '03 has been. I remember you getting hounded earlier this year for paying a bit extra. I guarantee I have, and many others here have spent more than you in gas alone, plus the time commitment.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

I ALMOST did the same thing. I look at his site all the time. BTW, he had them on eBay too for $5 cheaper Buy-it-Now.

With all the new stuff that's hitting around Orlando the last 2 weeks, I'm almost broke. I haven't gotten a full paycheck yet from Target, so I'm scrimping and even selling some of my loose stuff so I can afford the NEW goodies.

Anyone consider that SAM'S or COSCO might be getting these?

I may go to both tomorrow, and have them check the computer to see if anything Star Wars or Clone Wars turns up.

I'll let you all know if I find out anything juicy
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

Ya know, DarthChuckMc, Sam's and/or Cosco sound like the most logical choice, in light of their past sets. I haven't even thought of that, to tell you the truth. But, in light of the POFT2 and EP1 exclusives, that's the best scenario I've heard yet.

J

I've seen at least one online retailer selling the value packs for 19.95 each (or 54.95 for the three). Have ordered the Yoda and Ani ones to get the coloured clones - Got to admit is a very good marketign ploy of Hasbros, cos I'd not have bothered with the CW figures otherwise.

Can't wait for them to arrive, nor ARC Trooper which is on a separate order elsewhere.

Diorama Heaven.

Awesome

Good for you JangoFart, even though they are a little pricey, at least you can rest your mind knowing you have them. I'll probably do something a little similar once the price drops a little on them and they become more abundant.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I can't realy believe you guys are comending this purchase. I'm not trying to bash or flame anyoney. JangoFart, you work for your money you are free to spend it as you will . Still, everyone complains about scalpers and what not, and this guy selling it is a pro. If someone on the BST board tried doing the same thing he'd get flamed clear off the boards. Am I wrong?

It's true that 2003 has been a funny year, but this time of year is the worst for buying any kind of toy. Stores aren't in toy mode and don't care that much about the toy department. It's funny how similar this it to when POTJ hit after TPM. Almsot everything is the same. People complaining they can't find anything. People worrying about Hasbro saying how they such and what not. Then it turns out that no POTJ fig was that hard to find with a little hunting and it turns out that is the line that most people actually like. Funny how soon we forget.

Anyway, I'll get off the soap box now and let someone else us it .

Sams or Costco is a good choice for those 2 packs, K Mart had a two pack in the past too and KB have the 4 packs now. So, you never know.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Quote Originally Posted by icatch9
    I can't realy believe you guys are comending this purchase. I'm not trying to bash or flame anyoney. JangoFart, you work for your money you are free to spend it as you will . Still, everyone complains about scalpers and what not, and this guy selling it is a pro. If someone on the BST board tried doing the same thing he'd get flamed clear off the boards. Am I wrong?
    Well, I think you are wrong, icatch9. There's a difference in, for example, me tryin to sell a Mace Arena for $30.00 today and me trying to sell an unreleased Clone Wars value pack for $30.00 - weeks (perhaps months) before wide release and even before the retailer is known!

Is that scalping? Not by my understanding of the term. Is it expensive for a set that will, when and IF you can find it, cost $8 to $10? Sure it is. Do I care? Heck no! I'm soooooo burnt out on the search for the Fountain of Youth in store after store after store. With what I didn't spend in headache, gas, tire wear, car wear, and outright frustration, I can safely say if anyone got a great deal on this set, it was me; not the seller.

Oh, and by the way: Didn't we already have this discussion when I posted that I got the gold-band Saga carded critters early for like $15.00 each? Maybe we did, maybe we didn't - I'm getting old. But, it sure seems deja vu-ish to me.

J