Talking On-Line Etailers: Post Your Experiences

Since the Kebco and Yestertoys threads have been getting a lot of posts, I thought I'd start one where people could list who they've dealt with and what their experiences were. Kind of an informal reference forum for those who wish to know who are the good on-line etailers. Here are mine:

Entertainment Earth -- I've had good experiences with them (except for the Saga 2003 Wave 13 thing). Everything they've sent me has arrived mint. Email communication it top notch.

Yestertoys -- I've only ordered the new X-Wing from them but it arrived mint. They don't do a very good job communicating via email, but if you call their 800 number, you get right through. I had to call them to adjust the price of what I ordered after their discount announcement for Wizard World, but everything worked out.

DNSToys -- Great communication via email and fast shipping. I received an order from them that was damaged. After emailing them they promptly sent a new one in the mail even before I could send the other one back. And they credited me back postage for sending back the damaged one. Even after this I'd still use them again because their customer service is top notch.

Action HQ -- Fast, efficient, and friendly. I've only ordered from them once, but for being in Japan, shipping was fast and reasonable. Everything came wrapped in bubble wrap and delivered fine. Email communication was also great.

KB Toys -- Ordered the new Tie Fighter from them. It arrived on time (after the initial date release change) and in mint condition. There was a sticker to remove off the package plastic but it left no residue. I've also ordered the interactive R2 from them. Shipping was fast and contents well protected.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. I have an order pending from Collector's Gallery so I'll post about them when I receive their package.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Entertainment Earth: I use to order most of my preorder and current toy purchases from them. The communications were excellent but pricing at times was more than could be found else where.

New Force Comics: I do all my online ordering through NFC. I love that they sell preorders geared for both the MOC/MIB and loose collector. The Loose collector can purchase items at a discount. When he receives a shipment of toys only those in the best condition go to those who purchased MOC/MIB while any that might have a ding or 2 are sold as "Openers." I've been purchasing the "Openers" for quite a while and I haven't had anything more than the slightest ding on the box, which is better than what I see sitting on the shelves in stores.

Customer service is excellent as well. Numberous email updates and quick replies to questions everytime. I can't recommend NFC enough.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Well I got my order from Collector's Gallery today. Shipping was fast -- 2 day priority and the etailer only charged me what he paid for it.

Packing could have bin a bit better. I ordered Secret Ceremony Anakin and the new Jango and Obi-Wan Deluxe sets. Packing material was newspaper (I would have preferred styrofoam peanuts or bubble wrap) but it seems to work OK. The only real damage was a slightly banged up bubble on Jango but it may have come from Hasbro that way. I've seen some other figs freshly removed from Hasbro shipping boxes in worse shape. Plus I may have to open the two deluxe figs. They just seem too cool to keep packaged up.

Prices at Collector's Gallery were very fair. In fact, they had the cheapest SC Anakin I could find. I would have been OK with slowing shipping though to save a bit of money. Maybe $4 or so, but I didn't get a choice as to what shipping they'd choose.

Communication was outstanding. When I placed my order the owner was just about to take a vacation. He let me know when he'd be back and that my order contents were in two different storage locations so it would take a day or two extra to get them together. But all through the order process he kept me in the loop. I'm a sucker for good communication and could have cared less that I had to wait a week or so extra for the order.

All in all, I'd order from him again.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

I get nearly all my figures now from KEBco One of Every Figure Club. The upside is that I don't really have to keep track of what is coming out and when, and I don't have to waste time and gasoline on fruitless toy runs.

The downside is that sometimes it feels like forever waiting between shipments. But I think that this minor frustration is offset by the reduced consistent annoyance of visiting retail stores and only getting lucky 1 in every 10 to 20 trips or so.

All in all, it's kind of like Christmas whenever a box arrives. Instead of the occasional one or two figures at a time that I would get from retail acquisition, I usually look forward to 5 to 10 figures at once. This compressed bit of childish fun works better for my much busier schedule now anyhow. While it would be nice to be able to swing past Target or TRU regularly on my way to employment, it just doesn't work like that for me. KEBco has simplified my habit, er uh, hobby as an enabler. It's like having a shopping butler working for me. Now if only I had someone to do my groceries and laundry too...