Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Last of the Mohicans

This is an older film now, but I still love watching it.

Any other fans out there?

I love the French and English costumes from that era, the cannons and horses.

If I had the money, the room, and was able to find all the ranks and specialties, plus a good amount of Indians, I'd love enough action figures to do a huge battle scene like the seige of Fort William Henry!

Or even make the chase in the canoes over the waterfall. That was a great scene! as was the final battle when Chingachuck took out Magua!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I like this movie too. I remember when i first seen it. My English teacher when i was a junior in high school showed it to the class. I was in awe of the costumes, the scenery, the buildings etc. I knew something was going to happen when they leave the fort and you see them going through that path in between the two forests. The guy who played Magua (i believe his name is Wes Studi) did an awesome job. He really did look savage and cruel. Easily one of my favorite movies. Have you read the book? I read it this summer while on vacation and i liked it very much. The movie doesnt follow it in the exact order but its still cool. Glad to see that somebody else likes it, just about everyone i know gives me blank stares when i talk to them about it.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Yes, I read the book a long time ago. I'll have to re-read it.

The movie's almost like a prequel to "The Patriot."

If you like Wes Studi, he plays the good guy (and lead role) in Geronimo as he leads the last of the Apaches against the U.S. Calvary sent to destroy them.

But I agree, Magua was a downright scary character.

It also shows a lot about why the American colonists rebelled and fought the Revolutionary War against the British.

Plus the music to that movie was just awesome (Trevor Jones), and I love to listen to the soundtrack.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I agree with you! I love this movie. How about the soundtrack? The music ranks up there with the best I have ever heard. And the characters all play out their parts well.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Yeah, at the end Duncan even gets respectable. Geeze that must have hurt!

And Uncas! He won't cry in pain, nothing. He stood up against Magua until both his arms and shoulders were broke, his gut was slit, and he still stood up to take death on his feet!

The respect that warriors had for each other in those days was profound.

I think Alice saw that, and was even brave enough herself to take that step off of the cliff.

I liked Colonel Monroe. You could see he was grieved by the settlements being attacked by the Huron, but a soldier to the letter, he would obey his loyalty to the King, "and defeat France at any cost!"

Even the Frech General played his part well. I liked the trench war where they showed you how they layed seige by digging up closer and closer, the protection for their soldiers, until they could get their big guns in close to blast apart the fort.

At Gettysburg, I wonder why the Rebels didn't dig trenches. The French had been under English canon fire, too. They managed to dig. But Robert E. Lee ordered no such action. - Well Gettysburg is a whole nother thing and I should start a separate thread about that movie! (I love that one too! Nevermind it is long).

But the battles in Last of the Mohicans were awesome, too! How do they blow stuff up without injuring the actors?

I've always felt that this one was way underrated! Definitely a classic in my book. Everything about this movie was absolutely perfect; even down to the casting (Is Daniel Day Lewis ever anything but fantastic?).
    There certainly haven't been enough films about this period in american history if you ask me. You'd think there'd be loads of them what with the major importance of that era to this country, and even the rest of the world in a way.

(Is Daniel Day Lewis ever anything but fantastic?).
    it's too bad he dosen't work as much as other actors. LOTM came out in '92 and i think "gangs of new york" was the only film he has done since then.

i'd rank him up there as one of the best actors around. he was super in "Gangs". he was so good, i barley recognized him.

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0000358/

he's been in only four movies between "gangs" and "mohicans" and all in all, only 22 movies in his career, according to IMDB.com
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn
    http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0000358/

he's been in only four movies between "gangs" and "mohicans" and all in all, only 22 movies in his career, according to IMDB.com
    yep, you're correct, but i knew he hadn't done anything in a long time......since 1997.

he was also really good in "the crucible"..........don't know how i forgot that one.

What about In the Name of the Father, that was a good one as well.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!