Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The young Boba Fett books: anyone love these?

I'm re-reading these now, getting in all the Clone Wars stuff in order.

The Battle of Raxus Prime is about to begin.

Any predictions for Aurra Sing? You think Boba Fett takes her down?

He definitely doesn't like her, but she's way more powerful than he is now - plus she works for Darth Tyranus when she's useful.

I wonder if she'll even cross paths with Ventress. Sing doesn't like other Jedi. I wonder how she'll handle other Dark Jedi.

Dooku she doesn't worry about: he's paying her anyway, plus she probably knows she's no match for him.

The way I see it, Sing doesn't care at all about the Republic or a Sith Empire. She's just living dangerously on her hate, all she's got left, until someone (Boba?) puts her our of her misery.

Meanwhile, Boba's reaction to the Clones are interesting. I wonder if they also want to use him as a source - he's a copy of a copy, but he's not genertically altered at all. Maybe it could work. Of course I think they get Han Solo's dad to be the source of all the clones, but that's just my theory. No spoilers I can find ever touch on that. If Harrison does an E3 cameo, they can do it as a secret blue screen shot at Skywalker ranch when he's supposedly working on Indiana Clones err I mean Jones. But what if there are 2 different Clone armies?

Will the Separatists get smart? They won't win this battle with droids, that's for sure!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

just finished book 5 in the series. finally someone dies, unbelievable that a bounty hunter that has to be told no disintegrations takes 5 books before a bounty dies. it occurs off-camera of course can't be scaring the little ones reading it.

hard to believe the little punk kid survives long enough to become the greatest bounty hunter in the universe, or simply means that the others are really putrid.

first little boba meets dooku and aurra sing, then durge. now grievious, just how small a universe is this? the only baddie he hasn't crossed paths with yet is sidious.

(yes i realize there is a newer, more complete thread on the young boba books but this has the more recognizable title to it)

Re: The young Boba Fett books: anyone love these?

Aurra Sing, Durge, and (possibly) Ventress.

3 reasons why I just decided not to give these books a chance.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

First book? Definitely.
    Second one? Less so.
    The last three books? Not really.

Here's the main problem, and I already know what people will say: BOBA FETT TALKS OUT LOUD TOO MUCH.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Here's the main problem, and I already know what people will say: BOBA FETT TALKS OUT LOUD TOO MUCH.

good point. he also has too many friends.

Here's some news:
    Fett Series Ends at #6
    I think it ends at a good point; can't give too much away, without getting into that aspect where things don't really change by the end of the story. It's been fine, and I've really liked the covers.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I love the Fett books. I think they're very interesting and I like to see Boba's outlook on life. I cant wait for Book 6 either. *Sits and twiddles thumbs till Dec.*

I'm reading number 5 now.

I can't believe Jabba is sending a 12 1/2 year old kid after Wat Tambor when Jabba probably knows about General Grevious - not to mention he's likely been mixed up between the Separatists' bounty on dead Jedi and the Republic ones on Separatist leaders.

I haven't finished the book yet, but perhaps Jabba is sending Boba off because Dooku contacted Jabba when he learned of Fett's whereabouts and wants the little trouble maker that knows his secret killed dead. Jabba decides to not waste his resources, and tries to profit twice this way.

Just can't see an almost-13 year old, well you know...

I've read the first one, and intend to read the rest. Just haven't bought them. Almost read the first one (about 3/4s of it) in one sitting.

Some of the books geared toward the younger readers are better than the adult stories, IMHO.

Yeah, the young readers books adhere to a strict plot, climax, resolution formula and make them easy to read.

The adult books often waver from that, go in way too many tangents, and have no purpose other than to draw a story out with a bunch of superfluous details.

That is not to say that Stackpole, Zhan, Keyes and a few others don't kick some butt. They know what they are doing. That's not everyone writing the adult books though.