Page 100 of 175 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1742
    Other than the ad in some of the earliest ROM comics, I've never seen the toy. I didn't say it wasn't cool. It just must not have caught on too well. Funny, the comic outlasted GIJoe and Transformers, IIRC. I would not mind at all seeing him come back and bashing some sense into all the superheroes after this "Civil War" nonsense is over. That could actually get me to buy a Marvel Comic again.

BTW, scored all three Face Off variants tonight. $15 each is pricey for Silver Age Leader, Matt Murdoch, and Baron Whosit, but I really wanted all three. And the dark-suit Kingpin and Steve Rogers were nicer than I expected. Can't say I'm too excited about the 23rd ML Hulk in my collection.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Unfortunately, that still doesn't clear up the question. I still have plenty of doubt that they're making an Icons movie Juggernaut. The problem is that the Icons line is more or less a production version of your industry standard 'two-up' prototype model. Often times at cons and industry shows the two-ups are shown in place of the scaled down prototypes, particularly when the model is not so far along in development. There have been many times when various entire ML assortments have been publicly shown only in the two-up form. In fact, I believe the sheer coolness of the two-up models was the sole inspiration for the Icons line.
    Now then, if there were other movie X-Men figures that looked like they might be in development for the Icons line I might be inclined to believe that they were going ahead with Juggernaut. Until we hear it direct from Hasbro though, I'm willing to bet that Icons will be sticking with the comic versions of Marvel's most iconic characters for the time being. I'd even go so far as to say that if they were to decide on inserting movie versions of the characters that they'd more than likely do someone like Wolverine, Cyclops or Magneto first. Of course, I guess we won't know either way until the thing hits store shelves.

...and seriously...no one else is excited about the idea of a ML Rom the Spaceknight?! Am I really that old that no one else remembers how cool that guy was?
    I hope they stick with the comic version of Juggernaut too because the movie version sucked. X3 as a whole sucked. They can make a 12" Cyclops sporting the X-Metal Juliets like me.

Alright, found the new Spidey figures at my local TRU! It looked like they had just put out a case, but lo n' behold, no Stealth Venom.....can we say, "Employee?" Not a problem though as my buddy got one for me. I feel like I should recognize those spidey costumes, but either way, a new suit doesn't justify another 7.99, especially for a "super duper kick chop!" Spider-Man.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

People want that Stealth Venom pice of carp? I wish I'd known that.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    People want that Stealth Venom pice of carp? I wish I'd known that.
    I've seen a billion of those stealth venom pieces of crap, at first I thought it was cool but I woke up to reality.

Personally, I love carp - I think it tastes good! Lots of bones, though.

A clear plastic version of just about anything is OK by me. (Not that we won't be getting all of these versions of Venom all over again once Spiderman 3 comes out.)
    plasticfetish.net

X3 was good but could have been better. Having watched the DVD now I really want some movie figures....

Kitty Pride
    Wolverine
    Magneto
    Cyclops
    Jean/Phoenix
    Pyro

I'm glad we're getting Movie beast -cause Kelsey was awesome! A human hand varient would be sweet!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

So, i'm a sneaky SOB.

I was at TRU this morning when they opened and headed back to the action figure aisle. I noticed they had a few random new X-Men figures on the pegs, but not nearly enough to be a full case. So, I start kinda nonchalantly checking those storage bins over the pegs and sure enough, bam, the rest of the case! FINALLY picked up a mint Avalanche and Rogue. Awesome!

on a side note, I did find an Avalanche last week at Target, but it looked like somebody was trying to steal it cos the back of the card was torn to hell. If any openers are interested and want it, let me know via PM. I'll be out of town/PC-less till next week, so i'll answer PM's when I can. First come first serve!

and Jayspawn, we are getting a Jean/Phoenix Marvel Legends figure next yearish. Pic: http://www.action-figure.com/events/...2_itemId=44584
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    X3 was good but could have been better. Having watched the DVD now I really want some movie figures....

Kitty Pride
    Wolverine
    Magneto
    Cyclops
    Jean/Phoenix
    Pyro

I'm glad we're getting Movie beast -cause Kelsey was awesome! A human hand varient would be sweet!
    If you want a good movie Magneto, look no further than the one from X2 Series 2. The Wolverine and Cyclops from that line ain't half bad, either.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]