Page 108 of 175 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1742
    I got myself a Demogoblin today. Still need an Iron Spider-Man.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I saw two Demogoblins today and passed. He's not that accurate to the character, but simply a repaint of Hobgoblin. He should look more demonic, more reptilian.

But I bring this up because there are two packaging variations at play. Demogoblin can be found either with his cap on his head, or in a separate part of the blister tray. Gotta love useless variations to drive the completists nuts, eh?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Got in teh villians wave today; picked up Demogoblin as he's kinda nifty. Also got Doc Ock as he seems like he's far better than his original version.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn View Post
    damn! the hasbro spidey figures are out? i gotta get to a TRU or something soon!
    Yeah, I saw the black & red Spidey from that Hasbro wave 1 at TRU last Friday. The figure was truly awful though, some of the plastic was that new milky garbage color that Hasbro's been using, the one that's flat and slightly translucent and completely hides sculpted detailing. Then there were other parts which the package made a big deal about the paint being metalized, it looked shiny but it mainly just looked like sloppy crap. Finally, the sculpting itself was abysmal, the joints were ugly, the rivets were big, and the crotch/hips were downright awful. It's so sad.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I theorize that Hasbro didn't really make anything that's out in their Spidey line, rather they just bought bootlegs from Mexico and repackaged them.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's hilarious, good one! Too bad the workmanship has all the earmarks of the shoddy end of Hasbro's manufacturing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Jackpot! Went hunting today with my good pal who was in town and we found quite a bit. Got the Venom figure from the origins line as I kinda dig the repaint. However, main score: HASBRO MARVEL LEGENDS!!! Got them between two Targets. They had the complete set, but I skipped Iron Man and Hercules. These look really good in person although Emma's sculpt is still kinda iffy. Hercules looks like he was rolling around in Cheeto's as he's a tad too orange. I'm not buyign the figure, so I didn't care. Overall, i like'em! HH!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Took a closer look at the Spidey Origins figures today, they had Rhino, Doc Ock, Lizard and Demogoblin. The paintjobs looked slightly better than the 2-packs I saw where the silver paint was globbed onto Spidey, that's still not saying much though cause they were still boring repaints.

My biggest issue though was the packaging. Granted from pictures online you can see it's got the crooked "edgy" thing going on but I assumed that when the figure was hanging that the weight shift would cause it to hang with the sides perfectly vertical, but nope. It stays crooked. I feel sorry for any collectors that get these and keep stuff packaged, especially ones that hang them on the wall as they would look horrible.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Speaking of Spidey, has Hasbro released pics of their Spider Man 3 toys? I have a few from the first two like SA Spidey, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Peter Parker, MJ, JJ Jameson, etc. I want to see if their Sandman and Venom figures will be any good.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

JT posted these Spidey 3 Galactic Hero style figures the other day:
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...posts/shs1.jpg
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...posts/shs2.jpg
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!